Bacon Jalapeno Popper Quiche is cheesy and creamy with the perfect kick of jalapeno to spice up your brunch or next game day get-together!
This easy-to-make Bacon Jalapeno Popper Quiche combines all the amazing flavors of jalapeno poppers into a classy easy meal to start your day. Whether you make it for breakfast, brunch, or game day this super cheesy quiche is always a hit!
WHAT’S IN A QUICHE?
Quiches are great because they’re so easy to customize and you can experiment with so many yummy ingredients! With that being said, this Bacon Jalapeno Popper Quiche is hands down the best quiche recipe I have ever come across!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH BACON JALAPENO POPPER QUICHE
- Lemon Glazed Blueberry Scones – Round out your breakfast or brunch with these perfect scones!
- Fruit Salad – Consider serving this phenomenal fruit salad recipe for a balanced breakfast table.
- Black Cherry Mimosa – No brunch in complete without the perfect mimosa!
Pie Crust: You will need 1 frozen pie crust. Deep dish crust works best for this recipe.
Dairy: You’ll need room temperature cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, half and half, and optional sour cream to top off your quiche if desired.
Fillings: For this quiche recipe you will need large eggs, diced jalapenos, crispy chopped bacon, and shredded cheddar cheese.
Seasoning: Season the Bacon Jalapeno Popper Quiche mixture with paprika and salt.
HOW TO MAKE BACON JALAPENO POPPER QUICHE
STEP ONE: First, bake the frozen pie crust. Start by poking holes in the bottom of the crust and bake it in the oven at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. Once the crust is baked, remove it from the oven and adjust the temperature down to 350 degrees F.
STEP TWO: While the crust is still hot, spread the cream cheese evenly over the bottom. Next, sprinkle the diced jalapenos over the cream cheese layer.
STEP THREE: Pour the heavy cream and half-and-half into a small pot and heat it over medium heat for 5 minutes (or until tiny bubbles start to form around the edges). Heat until scalding, but never letting it reach the boiling point.
STEP FOUR: In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs together and then SLOWLY pour the hot cream mixture into the eggs, whisking constantly to combine. Finally, add the paprika, salt, and bacon to the egg mixture. Pour the egg mixture into the prepared crust and bake it for 30 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Remove the Bacon Jalapeno Popper Quiche from the oven, arrange the sliced jalapenos on the top, and sprinkle it with the cheddar cheese. Place it back into the oven for about 12-15 minutes and bake it until the cheese is melted and turns a nice golden brown. Allow the quiche to cool a bit before serving. Top with a dollop of sour cream if desired!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- You can tell when a quiche is done by jiggling it a little to make sure it is fully set in the middle. If there is even a slight jiggle I recommend letting it bake a bit longer.
- You can also use the toothpick test method to check if it is fully cooked.
- For spicier quiche, you can leave the jalapeno seeds in or add some hot sauce to the egg mixture before baking.
- If you add the hot cream too fast the eggs will cook and scramble. You really have to drizzle it in a little at a time to get the filling right.
CAN YOU MAKE BACON JALAPENO POPPER QUICHE AHEAD?
This recipe is a great one to have on hand because you can certainly make it a day ahead and save yourself some time in the kitchen when you’re entertaining! Once this delicious quiche is baked you can store it properly covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. When you are ready to serve it, simply reheat it in the oven!
HOW TO REHEAT QUICHE
To reheat this Bacon Jalapeno Popper Quiche simply cover it with foil and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes. I usually take the foil off in the last 5 minutes just to recreate that perfectly baked cheesy topping.
OTHER BRUNCH RECIPES
- Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake
- Cheesy Breakfast Casserole with Bacon
- Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce
- Lemon Cream Cheese Danish
- Bloody Mary Recipe
- Eggs in a Basket
*This post originally posted on 02/17/2013.
- 3 strips bacon
- 1 9-inch frozen pie crust
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 jalapenos seeds removed and diced
- 1 jalapeno sliced into coins
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Sour cream for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the bacon strips on a wire rack over a baking sheet. Put into the hot oven for 15-20 minutes until crispy.
- While the bacon cooks, thaw the frozen crust for 10 minutes on the counter, then prick the crust all over the bottom and sides with a fork to make tiny holes. Bake it for 10 minutes. (right alongside the bacon)
- Remove the pie crust and bacon from the oven. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Transfer the bacon to a cutting board and roughly chop it.
- While the crust is still hot, spread the cream cheese all over the bottom as evenly as possible. Then sprinkle the diced jalapenos all over the cream cheese. Set aside.
- Put the heavy cream and half-and-half into a small pot over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes or until tiny bubbles appear around the edges. You want to scald the cream until it's very hot, but not boiling.
- Beat the eggs together in a mixing bowl. SLOWLY add the hot cream mixture to the eggs, whisking constantly to combine. (If you add the hot cream too fast the eggs will cook and scramble.)
- Add the paprika, salt, and bacon to the eggs and stir to combine. Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust over the cream cheese.
- Bake the quiche for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pie plate from the oven and arrange the jalapeno slices on top. Then sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake for another 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting into 6 slices. Serve warm or at room temperature with a dollop of sour cream on top, if you like.