Shake up your morning routine with these easy Lemon Glazed Blueberry Scones. They whip up in just minutes in a single bowl!
Breakfast has always been my most favorite meal of the day. People often get stuck on cereal or simple eggs, but there are so many more options to start your day, like a triple berry clafoutis, or fruit stuffed french toast breakfast bowls! But take these Easy Lemon Glazed Blueberry Scones, for instance. They whip up in a single bowl in just minutes, and instead of having to be rolled out and cut, you can just drop them straight onto a baking sheet and bake.
With just a touch of sweetness and loads of flavor, these easy lemon glazed blueberry scones are moist and delicious, perfect with a hot cup of coffee or tea. And who doesn’t love the smell of freshly baking pastries in the oven?!
It’s time to put all those delicious, fresh blueberries to good use, so get baking my friends, and whip up these easy lemon glazed blueberry muffins today!
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Breakfast pin board!
For the Scones
- 3 C Flour
- ½ C Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 2½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- Zest from 1 Lemon
- ¾ C Butter cut into tabs
- 1 C Fresh Blueberries
- 1 C Milk
For the Glaze
- 2 C Powdered Sugar
- Zest from 1/2 Lemon
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- 1-2 Tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest, whisking gently to combine. Add the butter and with your fingers or pasty cutters, work it into the dough until small chunks form.
- Pour the milk and blueberries into the large bowl with the dough and gently stir together until just combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, scoop out the dough and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients and stir until smooth. Pour over the scones and allow to dry. Serve either warm or completely cooled.