It seems to be making a great comeback. I remember when it was big in the 80’s. I was too young to cook but I remember eating them. I remember asking someone when I was little what a quiche was after hearing it and being told that it was an egg pie. That was probably the worst and yet pretty accurate description of a quiche. I was hesitant to try after that because I kept picturing a sweet dessert pie of egg. Once I got over that and had a bite I LOVED it. It was a special occasion food that was made for guests.
Quiche are so great because they’re so versatile and can be made a head of time. They can look pretty fancy too! If you make it in a tart pan you’ll get the beautiful fluted look to the crust. I used my new tart pan but every time I’d go to take a picture of a slice it would be eaten. So all I have to show you today is the picture I snapped while it was cooling.
This bacon, sausage and cheddar quiche was so basic and delicious! The flavors of the bacon, sausage and cheddar really make it a very many quiche and perfect for a crowd. I mean, really, you’ve got bacon, sausage and cheddar cheese in one egg dish! No one could pass that up.
- 1 uncooked pie crust for a 9 inch pie
- 8 slices of bacon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1/2 c sausage crumbles cooked
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1 c milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 c sharp cheddar cheese
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- cook the bacon until just before crispy
- while bacon is cooking melt butter in a large saucepan and add the onion
- allow to cook until a dark golden brown, stirring occasionally
- remove from heat and allow to cool
- whisk eggs, cream, and milk together until fluffy
- add in salt, pepper and mustard powder
- stir in the bacon, sausage, onion and cheese
- press the crust into a tart pan or a deep dish pie pan
- pour the egg mixture into the pie crust and place onto a baking dish
- loosely cover with foil and place in the oven
- bake for 40 min
- remove the foil and bake for another 10 to 15 min until crust is golden
- remove and allow to cool for 5 to 10 min
- slice and enjoy!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!