Christmas Wreath Cookies are a festive, fun, and tasty Christmas dessert. These cornflake wreaths are fun to make & easy enough that kids can help too!
My favorite Christmas cookie recipes are always the ones that are crazy festive. Give me cookies loaded with red and green or covered in Christmas sprinkles and I’m a happy girl! These Christmas Wreath Cookies are always at the top of my holiday baking list. They’re SO easy to make, no baking required! You can decorate them with the cinnamon candies together like I did for a “holly” look or spread them out around the wreath so they can act as ornaments. Either way, they’ll be the first thing to go from your Christmas cookie plates!
CHRISTMAS WREATH COOKIES
Like this recipe? Pin it to your CHRISTMAS pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Christmas is full of traditions, spending time with family, and creating beautiful memories! One tradition that I will always cherish is the time I spent making Christmas cookies with my mom. We would make the same delicious cookies each year and occasionally add a new cookie. Wreath Cookies were always one of my favorite treats and until I made them this year, I forgot how yummy they tasted.
I love that I can now carry on the wonderful tradition of making Christmas cookies with my own children. They really enjoy helping me in the kitchen and they love baking cookies. Kids love helping make Cornflake Wreath Cookies, maybe it’s the green color, getting their hands messy, or eating them! Christmas Wreath Cookies are festive, fun, and tasty! My youngest even likes the cinnamon candy. He doesn’t like anything cinnamon.
Want more easy Christmas cookie recipes?
- Peppermint Sugar Cookies
- Eggnog Cookies
- Chocolate Frosted Christmas Cookies
- Santa Claus Cookies
- Peppermint Patty Stuffed Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- More dessert recipes…
Tools used to make this Christmas Wreath Cookies recipe
Large Pot: This pot is a kitchen essential for everything from dinner to desserts. I use mine all the time and with proper care, it’ll last for years and years.
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls get used just about every day at my house. The grip handle makes them easy to hold and the pour spout makes them perfect for batters!
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 6 cups Cornflakes cereal
- Crisco for hands
- Cinnamon candies for garnish
- Pour 6 cups of Cornflakes into a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt a stick of butter in a saucepan, on low heat. When completely melted, add a bag of mini marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Add a teaspoon of green food coloring. Stir until the mixture is completely green
- Pour the green mixture on the cornflakes. Mix until the cornflakes are completely coated and green.
- Put Crisco on your fingers.
- Place a small handful of the cornflake mixture on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and form a wreath by making a hole in the center.
- Place three cinnamon drops near each other on the wreath.
- Repeat with the remaining cornflakes mixture. (Every once in awhile, put more Crisco on your fingers)
- Let the wreaths rest on the baking sheet until they are set, about 1 hour.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!