PEPPERMINT PATTY STUFFED CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES will be the hit of the cookie exchange! They are a new family favorite Christmas cookie!
I had a friend come to town last weekend. We met when we both lived in Arizona. We worked together and then she lived with us for a few months when she was looking for a house. My kids got used to having here there and she became part of our family fast. We both moved away from Arizona last year and haven’t been able to get together until now. It was so great to see her again and show her our new home. The kids had a great time too. Once she got into town I let her know I was bringing her along to another friend’s cookie exchange. I love getting into the kitchen and cooking or baking with her. We have so much fun hanging out, snacking and drinking yummy stuff.
We made Peppermint Patty Stuffed Chocolate Crinkle Cookies for the party and Cranberry Pistachio Oatmeal Cookies to take. They both turned out fantastic! The chocolate crinkle cookies have a fudgy brownie taste with the peppermint patty right in the middle. My friend that hosted the cookie exchange texted me today and told me she liked both cookies but the crinkles were delish! I love getting texts almost a week later to tell me my cookies were tasty. Make a batch of these cookies and some memories in the kitchen!!!
Don’t miss these other great cookie recipes!
- ½ c vegetable oil
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 c sugar
- 2 t vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 t baking powder
- ½ t salt
- ½ c powdered sugar
- 8 oz. bag of Peppermint Patty Bites unwrapped
- in a large mixing bowl combine oil, chocolate, sugar and vanilla
- add eggs one at a time
- in a med bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt
- add flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until combined
- cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- pour powdered sugar into a shallow bowl
- roll balls of dough 2 tablespoons big
- place one peppermint patty into the center of the dough ball and roll again making sure that the patty is completely covered by cookie dough
- roll dough ball in powdered sugar so that it's covered
- place on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart on silpat or parchment lined baking sheet
- bake for 10 min
- allow to cool for 5 min on cookie sheet and then remove to a cooling rack to finish