More cookies!!!! You can never have too many cookies or Christmas Crack this time of year! These cookies are so fudgy and gooey that they became a favorite with my family last year. I can’t get enough peppermint at Christmas and when you mix it with chocolate you win my heart! These cookies really aren’t hard to make at all but you do have to allow it to chill for a few hours. I like to make it up one day and bake off another kind of cookie then the next day I can just pop them in the oven and bake them off really quickly.
I’ve said it before that I like to have cookie dough in the fridge that can be baked off quickly when I need it. Cookies and things from the oven are a great way to create memories in the kitchen with your family (especially the kids) and make a great gift that your family and friends will really appreciate. This year my husband to my boys to meet up with one of their friends and I stayed home and baked. I made these cookies while I listened and sang Christmas music, drank a glass of champagne and watched the snow fall. It was really a great day and a fun way to recharge during the holidays!
Real Housemoms TV
How do you recharge during the holidays?
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 c sugar
- 2 t vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 10 oz bag of Hershey's candy cane Kisses
- in a large mixing bowl combine oil, chocolate, sugar and vanilla
- add eggs one at a time
- in a med bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt
- add flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until combined
- cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- pour powdered sugar into a shallow bowl
- roll balls of dough 1 tablespoon big and roll in the powdered sugar
- place on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 10 min
- while cookies are baking remove kisses from their wrappers and have nearby
- as soon as cookies come out of the oven place a kiss in the center of each cookie
- allow to cool for 5 min on cookie sheet and then remove to a cooling rack to finish
Chocolate Crinkle Cookie inspired by Betty Crocker
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!