Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts are so crisp and delicious that they’ll make a sprout lover out of anyone, even kids!
Everyone loves simple side dishes that are quick and easy to make and taste amazing, like Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts. Brussels sprouts, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper are the only ingredients you need to make this hearty and perfectly fried dish that will surprise the whole family- in a great way!
Not Just for Veggie Lovers
I love Brussels Sprouts. I was not a fan at first because I honestly didn’t know how to cook them the best way and I tried to use frozen Brussels sprouts. I’m not hating on any frozen veg but now that I know the ultimate deliciousness of fresh, well-cooked Brussels sprouts I can’t go back to frozen.
Cooking Brussel sprouts in the air fryer was a major game-changer for me! The sprouts just come out so crispy on the outside and tender on the inside and the combination of honey and salt takes out the usual bitterness of the sprout. In the end, all of the veggie lovers loved these Air Fryer Brussels sprouts and the non-veggie lovers thought they were pretty excellent so these will absolutely be made again!
Other Recipes to Serve with Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Another amazing air fryer veggie to make is Air Fryer Asparagus Fries– they are fun to make and are the perfect side for just about any dish.
- While you’ve got the air fryer out, how about making some outrageously delicious Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges? These are hands down the best potato wedges you can make at home!
Veggies: You will need one pound of fresh, washed Brussels Sprouts, with the bottoms trimmed and the sprouts cut into halves or quarters.
Pantry Items: You will need olive oil and honey.
Seasoning: Salt and pepper are the only seasonings needed for this dish.
How to Cook Brussel Sprouts in an Air Fryer
STEP ONE: Halve the Brussels sprouts (or quarter them if they are large) and place them into a large bowl. Stir the sprouts with olive oil and honey until they’re well coated and then season with salt and pepper.
STEP TWO: Place the Brussels sprouts in the air fryer basket and fry them at 360 degrees F for 10 minutes. Stir the sprouts and then cook them for 5-10 minutes more, until they are golden brown and cooked through.
STEP THREE: Serve the Brussels sprouts as is, with a sprinkle of finishing salt, or top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Tips for Success
- Since Brussels sprouts range in size from small to large you can decide if you want to halve them or quarter them but they should at least be cut in half to ensure they are cooked through and get that lovely outer crispiness.
- If you don’t have honey or prefer not to use it, you can substitute the honey for maple syrup or white sugar. When using sugar, make sure the sugar is completely dissolved in the olive oil and then toss with the Brussels sprouts.
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts are delicious as they are, but you can also top them with a drizzle of balsamic glaze or even crumbled bacon for a five star side dish.
Do I need to soak the Brussels Sprouts?
There are some who say that soaking Brussels sprouts will make them softer, especially if you are shredding them to eat them raw in a salad. For this recipe, you do not need to soak the Brussels sprouts because frying will give them the perfect firm but tender texture. Like any other vegetable, you will need to wash the sprouts before use and trim and peel the outer leaves but there’s no need to soak them.
Are Brussels Sprouts bitter?
Brussels sprouts are in the same family as cabbage and so they look like tiny cabbages and have a bitter, cabbage-like taste. Salting the Brussels sprouts takes the bitterness out of them so you end up with a more mellow cabbage flavor and using ingredients like honey or maple syrup brings out the Brussels sprout’s sweeter side. Once you try Brussels sprouts you’ll be asking why you didn’t make them sooner, they’re so delicious!
Keep that Air Fryer going by making these delicious recipes
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Pork Loin
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- Clean the brussels sprouts by removing the outer leaves. Then cut them in half or quarters depending on their size. Place the sprouts into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the oil and honey into the bowl and mix until well coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the sprouts into the basket of your air fryer.
- Cook at 360 degrees F for 10 minutes. Shake and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the Brussels sprouts are cooked through and golden brown. (Cooking time depends on your type of air fryer, size of brussels sprouts, and if you like your brussels sprouts firm or soft. )
- Transfer the cooked Brussels sprouts to a serving bowl. Serve warm. We like to sprinkle on some freshly grated parmesan cheese or drizzle some balsamic glaze over the top of the sprouts.