Easy marinated and grilled or baked jerk chicken wings are bursting with savory, spicy flavors that will leave you craving more!
Helloooooooooo fellow chicken wing lovers! I have been a fan of chicken wings as long as I can remember, snarfing down buffalo or bbq wings as a little girl right alongside my big brothers. To this day I can probably still out-eat my brothers when it comes to a handful of food and chicken wings are at the top of the list. These jerk chicken wings are absolutely LOADED with flavor. Seriously though, flavor BOMB in your mouth. They’ve got a fair amount of heat going on so if you have a tendency to shy away from spicy foods, feel free to tone down the peppers in this recipe.
JERK CHICKEN WINGS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
The combination of spicy peppers, lime, garlic, spices, and some brown sugar creates the perfect balance of heat and sweet in these tasty jerk chicken wings. You can bake, or grill them depending on your preference.
Personally, I love to grill them in the summertime and bake them when it gets chilly out. Both methods work great and yield crispy, juicy and tender wings your family will devour. Don’t forget the fresh cilantro at the end – it’s the final touch that makes these so fantastic!
Want more chicken wing recipes?
- Crock Pot Chicken Wings Recipe
- Grilled Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
- Root Beer Chicken Wings
- Grilled Honey Hot Wings
- Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Jerk Chicken Wings recipe
Food Processor: Slice, chop, and grate anything you need with this food processor. I’ve had this model for years and use it all the time. It’s a great workhorse in my kitchen and I’d recommend it to anyone!
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
Zip Top Plastic Bag: My kitchen drawer is always stocked with zipper top plastic bags. They’re great for storage, but I find myself using them for everything from deviled eggs to frosting too!
- 12-14 bone-in chicken wings
- 5 tablespoons oil
- juice of 4 limes about 5-6 tablespoons
- 2 green onions roughly chopped
- 4 habanero chiles stems and seeds removed roughly chopped
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ tablespoon black pepper
- Combine oil, lime juice, green onion, habanero chiles, garlic, thyme, ginger, brown sugar, allspice, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender and pulse until well blended. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Transfer remaining mixture into a large resealable bag. Add chicken, seal bag, and chill for 3-8 hours.
- Grease and preheat grill OR preheat oven to 425 degrees. Remove chicken from bag, discard the bag and remaining marinade. Grill chicken 5-6 minutes on each side OR if using oven method, bake on a greased sheet pan for 15 minutes, then broil for 3-5 minutes.
- Brush reserved sauce over the chicken and cook 2-3 minutes longer on each side until cooked through. Garnish with chopped cilantro if desired and serve immediately.