Grilled Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings are the ultimate game day food! These sweet and spicy wings are guaranteed to fly off the plate fast!
Chicken wings are always my go-to for game days, potlucks, and get-togethers with friends. They are easy to make and are perfect for snacking.
Plus there are so many different sauce and flavor combinations! It’s like I never run out of new and delicious variations. These Grilled Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings are one of my husband’s favorite wing recipes, right up there with garlic parmesan wings.
GRILLED HONEY SRIRACHA CHICKEN WINGS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
These sweet and spicy wings are the definition of mouth-watering. There is something special about crispy honey sriracha chicken wings straight off the grill.
The grill delivers the perfect smokey flavor infusion and the honey sriracha sauce brings a sweet heat unlike anything else you’ve tasted. Top it off by dipping these in a homemade ranch or blue cheese dressing. I can never decide which, so I always serve up both!
GRILLED HONEY SRIRACHA CHICKEN WING INGREDIENTS
Chicken Wings – You can purchase your wings pre-cut or save a little money by cutting them yourself. Just make sure that the tips are trimmed off when you start grilling.
Sriracha – Any brand of sriracha will do, I usually keep Huy Fong or Kikkoman brands on hand. Trader Joe’s also sells a pretty good one.
Honey – I love adding a little honey to balance out the heat from the sriracha. Hot and sweet is a wing flavor my whole family loves.
HOW TO MAKE HONEY SRIRACHA CHICKEN WINGS
These delicious wings are a breeze to make!
- First, start by prepping your chicken wings. Then place the wings in a large mixing bowl. Add in the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and poultry seasoning and toss to coat.
- Heat the grill to medium-high and place chicken wings skin-side down on the grill.
- Allow the wings to cook for 20-30 minutes, flipping about halfway through, until they are browned and crisp.
- Once the wings are fully cooked, place them into a clean large mixing bowl.
- Next, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the honey and sriracha and allow it to heat through.
- Pour the honey sriracha sauce over the wings in the large bowl and toss them until the wings are evenly coated.
- Finally, serve the wings with blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing!
If you need to keep your wings warm after grilling, you can put them on a baking sheet and pop them in a preheated oven set to warm. Then toss the wings in the sauce right before serving.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN WINGS
Looking for some more sharable plates that go along great with honey and sriracha chicken wings? The good news is you don’t have to spend a ton of time building an appetizer spread because these wings are good enough to stand alone! Serve them alongside a simple bite, like a crispy air fryer blooming onion, homemade onion rings, or delicious avocado fries!
TRY THESE OTHER AWESOME APPETIZERS
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Baked Jalapeno Popper Chicken Sliders
- Sriracha Ranch Bacon Chicken Dip
- BBQ Chicken Potato Skins
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- More APPETIZER recipes…
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THESE HONEY SRIRACHA CHICKEN WINGS
Large Mixing Bowl: Make sure you have a large enough bowl to allow you to coat every inch of chicken in this delicious honey sriracha sauce!
Medium Saucepan: This is definitely the most used pan in my kitchen! I’ve had it for years and absolutely love it.
*This post originally posted on 01/31/2015.
- 3 pounds chicken wings tips cut off and
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- Thick & Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing for serving
- Homemade Ranch Dressing for serving
- Place the chicken wings in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and poultry seasoning. Toss to coat.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place chicken wings skin side down on the grill. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until juices run clear, flipping halfway through.
- Place the cooked wings into a clean large mixing bowl.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter. Then stir in the honey and sriracha and allow to heat through, whisking occasionally.
- Pour the honey sriracha sauce over wings and toss until chicken is completely coated.
- Serve warm with blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping along with carrots and celery.
Leave a Reply