When Casey and I lived in Southern California we’d eat at Wood Ranch ALL. THE. TIME. It was my favorite. Until recently you couldn’t buy the BBQ sauce online, so my friend would bring it out to me when she’d visit and I’d buy a ton of it when we would visit. My friend even had them cater her wedding this past summer! It’s so good. They make the best rolls and I would try not to fill up on them before dinner. Only to start with these BBQ Chicken Potato Skins AND THEN get my dinner. I just can’t get enough of the delicious BBQ sauce!
When I’m at home I have to make them for myself and they couldn’t be any easier. The potatoes can be baked and assembled ahead of time so all you’d have to do is pop them in the oven right before you’re ready to serve. The skins get the perfect amount of crisiness and the cheese is so warm and gooey. When I made them for my husband he said these are Wood Ranch! They’re fabulous and amazing and so simple to make! They’re perfect for the big game or any gathering you have!
- 4 med russet potatoes
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1/4 c BBQ sauce
- 2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c cooked chicken diced small
- 1/4 c purple onion diced
- 2-3 T cilantro chopped
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- poke small holes using a fork into the skin of the potatoes
- place directly onto the oven rack in center of oven and bake for 1 hour
- remove from oven and allow to cool
- cut potatoes in half and scoop out most of the inside of the potato, leaving 1/4 inch attached to the potato skin, reserve the insides for another recipe
- brush the inside and outside of the potato with vegetable oil and sprinkle with salt. Place face down on a broiling pan or baking sheet with a rack on it
- Put back in 400 degree oven and bake for 5 min then flip and bake another 5 min
- remove from oven and spoon 1 teaspoon of BBQ sauce into the potato skins spreading evenly inside
- sprinkle a layer of cheese on top of sauce then chicken and onion on top of that
- place back in oven and cook about 10 min until cheese is melted
- remove from oven and drizzle with BBQ sauce and cilantro
- serve and enjoy hot!