Crock Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Dip combines the best of so many great game day foods! Warm cheesy dip, burgers, AND bacon. What’s not to love?!
When we’re having friends over I always gravitate towards easy to make recipes. Dishes that don’t involve a lot of time in the kitchen or the I can make or prep ahead of time and just cook when it’s time to eat. The point of having friends and family over is hanging out with them, not being stuck in the kitchen. Easy dip recipes like this Crock Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Dip are always on the menu. I can make the burger meat and bacon ahead of time and then throw everything in the slow cooker. Then a few hours later, we have the best bacon cheeseburger dip recipe for everyone to enjoy!
CROCK POT BACON CHEESEBURGER DIP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
It’s almost time for the biggest game of the football season!!!!!! I’m so excited! (Can you tell by all the exclamation points?) We’re a big football family. My husband and I really enjoy watching our teams play all season long. It’s fun because our kids are old enough to really show some interest too. It’s become a ritual on Sundays to hang out doing nothing but watch football and eat delicious snack food all day long.
This bacon cheeseburger crock pot dip is my ultimate football snack. I can get it ready before the game starts and then by the time it’s done cooking 2-3 hours later we’re ready to eat! I’m on the west coast so our games start at 10 in the morning. If you are back East and your stomach can’t wait on the crock pot, don’t worry. You can bake this bacon cheeseburger dip in the oven and have it ready in 30 minutes! When I made it for my husband he couldn’t stop eating it. The first time we just stayed in the kitchen huddled around dip, not willing to leave it for too long. You can’t go wrong when you combine so many great game day foods into one scoop!
Make sure to snap a quick pic on game day of your tasty snack and use the hashtag #RHfood so we can see!
Want more game day favorites?
- Game Day Bacon Cheese Balls
- Spicy Chicken Tortilla Rolls Ups
- Glazed Kielbasa Bites
- Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Grilled Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
- Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Crock Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Dip recipe
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Crock Pot: I love this crock pot! The lid is very secure and I can pack it up and take it on the go if I’m heading to a potluck. This slow cooker is a workhorse in my kitchen and has worked great for years!
Rubber Spatula: Rubber spatulas are one of those kitchen tools you don’t realize how much you use until they’re all dirty. This set of three spatulas in various sizes and shapes will make cooking everything from dinner to dessert a breeze.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 strips of bacon thick cut is best
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 12 oz. whipped cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- heat a large skillet over medium heat
- once the pan is hot add the ground beef and break it up as it cooks
- season the beef with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce
- once fully cooked and no longer pink remove to a plate and drain off any fat
- add the bacon and cook to crispy
- once cool enough to touch chop the bacon
- drain off excess fat, leaving about a tbsp in the pan
- add the onion and stir to allow them to pick up the yummy bits on the bottom of the pan, cooking for 1-2 minutes
- add garlic and stir constantly so that it doesn't burn, cooking for 30 seconds to 1 minute
- remove to a plate
- in a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese and sour cream until most of the lumps are gone
- mix in the ketchup, mustard, and diced tomatoes
- add the meat mixture, bacon and onions and garlic into the insert of your crock pot
- stir the cream cheese mixture into the ground beef mixture
- add mozzarella and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese
- sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of the mixture and cover
- cook on low for 2 to 3 hours until warmed through and bubbly
The directions say “add mozzarella…”, but I don’t see it or the quantity listed in the ingredients.
maybe figure out how to add relish or something cause some people love pickles
penny roth says
My husband doesn’t like pickles so I put chopped sweet/hot pickles on the side for a garnish. YUMMM!
Sounds yummy! The recipe, however, calls for “3 garlic gloves.” I believe you mean “cloves.” 🙂
Julie E says
Haha. You’re so right! I’ve updated the recipe. Thank you.