Warm Bacon Corn Smashed Potato Salad is a delicious change up on a traditional potato salad with it being served warm and with chunks of bacon and corn.
I got the idea for this dish from a great chain of restaurants that were started in our area but are now spreading across North America called Earl’s Restaurants. We had this just a few weeks ago and my lord was it good. It would pair with just about any entree or with a big spoon on it’s own, LOL. With Thanksgiving coming up in the US (I am from Canada and ours is long gone) this would be something different to serve. A nice diversion from the usual mashed potatoes.
Real Housemoms TV
Corn and bacon pair so nicely with potatoes and served warm all the flavors are alive! With a little horseradish, mustard and lemon the dressing it robust but not over powering.
Up close and delicious! You can’t go wrong with this side dish!! It will become a new family favorite!
This dish is very simple to make and can be reheated. You may want to add a little more mayonnaise and sour cream if making ahead as the potatoes like to absorb any moisture.
- 2 lbs. red and yellow new potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1/2 lb. bacon 1" chunks, cooked to lightly crisp
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2-1 tsp. horseradish
- 1/2-1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chives to garnish
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender.
- Meanwhile mix together the Parmesan cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish, dry mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Squish the hot potatoes with a potato masher and add them to a large bowl with the corn and bacon. Mix in the dressing carefully. Garnish with chives and serve warm.
What is a dinner without a great side dish I ask you? They just seem to make the meal! ENJOY!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!