This creamy, low fat Skinny Tiramisu Smoothie is a guilt free way to satisfy your craving for a classic Italian dessert.
If you happen to be anything like me, you probably let the holidays get the better of you. The cookies, and cake, and fudge, and home baked goodies, and cocktails…. The list goes on and on. I always allow myself to indulge in all the holiday goodies, but you had better believe that once I have flipped that calendar to 2015 I am ready for some healthier changes in my eating. And while I am happy to snack on hummus and veggies, enjoy more grilled fish & chicken, and add some more whole grains in there, my sweet tooth is my healthy eating weakness. I have a mean, mean sweet tooth, and if I do not find healthier ways to satisfy it then it will surely be the undoing of any of my attempts at eating better in the new year.
So, what do I do? I create lower fat, lower calorie (and healthier!) versions of some of my favorite desserts. My ultimate I can never say no to dessert is tiramisu. Seriously, you all. If I was told that I could only have one dessert for the rest of my life, tiramisu would be in my dessert bowl every single night for the rest of my days. But it is also not the healthiest dessert option with it’s rich mascarpone cheese and espresso soaked lady fingers. This Skinny Tiramisu Smoothie satisfies my frequent tiramisu cravings without the guilt. I replaced the mascarpone cheese with low fat whipped cream cheese & nonfat vanilla yogurt, and a crumbled vanilla wafer or two on top acts as the lady fingers in this creamy, no guilt sweet treat.
- ½ of a frozen banana chopped
- ¼ cup strongly brewed coffee cooled
- ½ cup nonfat vanilla yogurt can use Greek as well
- ¼ cup low fat whipped cream cheese
- ¼ cup almond soy, or skim milk
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 crushed vanilla wafers optional
- Place all of the ingredients except for the crushed vanilla wafers in your blender. Blend until nice and smooth. Pour into a cup, and then top with the crushed vanilla wafers and a dusting of cocoa powder if desired.
If you loved this recipe, you might also like my…