In my house we have Thanksgiving part 2 for Christmas dinner. There is however the addition of a Christmas ham along with the turkey. We love ham and we love everything that you can make with all the leftovers. This year we’ll be up in Flagstaff and so I wanted to make a ham early to get all the leftover goodies. A few years back my Mom bought the Gooseberry Patch Christmas Book 12. It has so many great craft and recipe ideas. This is one that is a must. Give it a shot this year even if it’s early and just for your family dinner.
- 5 to 6 lb ham
- 16- oz can jellied caranberry sauce
- 1 c.brown sugar
- 1/4 c. orange juice
- 1/4 t. ground cloves
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. allspice
- Bake ham at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes per pound or until thermometer reads 160 degrees
- While ham is baking combine remaining ingredients into saucepan
- heat slowly whisking until smooth
- spoon half the glaze mix over the ham 30 min before removing ti from the oven
- bake another 30 min
- serve with remaining glaze
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!