This APRICOT GLAZED HAM is the perfect entree for any holiday or family meal and it’s so simple to make with just 3 ingredients!
There’s nothing better than a smoky ham baked to perfection and smothered in a sweet and tangy glaze. While ham is often served for holidays, I make it year round as an effortless yet impressive main course for family get togethers. This apricot glazed ham couldn’t be any easier – it’s simply ham, apricot jam and mustard, which combine wonderfully to make an incredibly delicious meal!
Real Housemoms TV
To make the glaze you’ll simply need to whisk together apricot jam and brown mustard. If your jam has a lot of fruit pieces in it, you might want to consider pressing it through a sieve or giving it a quick whirl in the food processor to make a smoother glaze. While I typically use brown mustard, I have also used a grainy mustard with great results if you prefer a bit more texture.
Because this recipe has so few ingredients, use the best that you can find. I recommend purchasing a high quality ham, it really makes a difference in the end result. I like to use a spiral cut ham because that way the glaze seeps into all the crevices and turns into a deliciously sticky and caramelized glaze all over every surface.
This apricot glaze is the perfect combination of sweet and savory and is so much more flavorful than those pre-prepared glaze packets that often come with hams. With about 5 minutes of effort you’ll be able to serve up a meal that will please all of your friends and family. With so little preparation time for the ham, you’ll have plenty of time to make all of those wonderful side dishes that are almost as good as the ham itself!
- 1 bone in smoked ham preferably spiral cut (7-10 pound size)
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1/4 cup brown mustard
- optional garnish: chopped parsley
- Whisk together the jam and brown mustard - if your jam has a lot of large fruit pieces in it, you may want to puree the jam in a food processor or run it through a sieve if you like a smooth glaze. Set the glaze aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the ham in a large baking pan and cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the ham from the oven and uncover.
- Brush the ham evenly with approximately 3/4 of the glaze. Make sure the glaze goes into all of the crevices between the ham slices.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes, uncovered. Brush the remaining glaze over the ham and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!