Mexican Mango Rice Salad is a fresh summer dish loaded with fresh veggies, mangoes then drizzled with a cumin vinaigrette. Easy, delicious and ready in 25-minutes!
My family loves taco salad. It is a weekly staple in our home. We mix it up, of course, adding chicken one week, beef the next and sometimes just go pure veggies. Then one week I decided to really twist it up and made it with rice. Making this Mexican Mango Rice Salad. The kids were skeptical of course, but after the first bite – it was a go.
What sets this salad apart is the cumin vinaigrette. I got this recipe from my mother-in-law who makes a killer Southwestern Taco Salad and it’s the dressing that makes it so spectacular.
Real Housemoms TV
Not only was this dish a hit, it was also easy to prepare, making this a to-go-to recipe for me. Especially in the hot summer months when I don’t want to grill up some meat. This is a complete meal for us but could also work as a side dish. Adding some chopped grilled or roasted chicken, if you wish would be fantastic. And fresh avocados is a yummy addition as well.
The mangoes with the vinaigrette are a perfect pairing. Sweet & tangy this Mexican Mango Rice Salad will become a new favorite salad this summer. Enjoy friends!
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 2 mangoes peeled and seeded
- 16 ounces frozen corn thawed
- 15 ounces canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- In a large saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Rinse rice with cold water and drain. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Dice the green bell pepper, red onion, and mangoes. Place in the bowl with rice. Cut cherry tomatoes in half and add to rice. Add cilantro, corn, and black beans to bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a bowl to make cumin vinaigrette. (Or add everything to a mason jar, cover and shake it up!)
- Drizzle 1/2 of the dressing over the salad. Toss to combine. Add more dressing to taste.
- Serve immediately or chill before serving.
Love salads? Here are a few more summer must haves.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!