CHEESY SAUSAGE, BACON & SWEET POTATO PASTA BAKE is a mouthful to say but a delicious mouthful! It’s a tasty fall dinner the entire family will love!
I’m all about easy casserole recipes as the weather cools. Pasta bakes have a permanent spot on the menu in our house because I can make them ahead. When I get into the kitchen to make one I double the recipe to make two and freeze one. I like to make the one destined for the freezer in a disposable aluminum baking dish. Of course they don’t get disposed of in my kitchen until they’re no longer the right shape but you get the idea. That way I don’t have all my dishes stuck in the freezer. This recipe made us super happy because it had roasted sweet potatoes and a creamy, cheesy sauce that it the best!
Real Housemoms TV
Don’t be intimidated by the length of this recipe. It’s not hard and absolutely worth the 30 minutes you’ll be prepping. I mean if you double the recipe it will take the same amount of time to make and you’ll have dinner for two nights. If you make roasted sweet potatoes one night for dinner you could set some aside for dinner the next night and just use them in this dish! That will save you some more time right there. I think next time I make them I’m going to try using my Maple Roasted Vegetables! The parsnips would be great in this and the maple is just a bit that brings out the natural sweetness of the sweet potatoes. So many ideas, I can’t wait to make it again!
You might also like!
- 4 cups sweet potato peeled and chopped to 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lb Cavatappi pasta
- 1/2 lb of bacon
- 1 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage casings removed
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp dried sage if using fresh, increase to 2 tsp
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- toss sweet potatoes in olive oil, salt, garlic powder and pepper
- spread out onto a baking sheet and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until they are tender
- remove from the oven and set aside.
- cook the pasta according to package directions and set aside
- cook the bacon in a large skillet until just before crispy and set aside
- once cooled chop into bite sized pieces
- drain the bacon grease, leaving 1 tbsp in the skillet
- add the turkey sausage into the skillet over medium heat, breaking it up as it cooks
- cook until cooked through, then add in the onion and garlic and allow to cook for 1-2 mintues
- remove to a plate and set aside
- melt butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat
- whisk in the flour and allow to cook for 1 to 2 minutes
- stir in the salt and pepper
- in a bowl combine the chicken stock, milk and cream
- pour at once into the four/butter mixture and stir until smooth
- allow to cook, stirring frequently, until it becomes thick
- once thick remove from heat and add in 1 cup of mozzarella and all of the Parmesan cheese
- stir until it's melted through
- spray a baking dish with cooking spray
- add the pasta, sweet potatoes, bacon, turkey sausage and sage to the dish
- toss with the cheesy sauce
- spread evenly and then top with remaining mozzarella cheese
- bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese on top is bubbly
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!