Easy Baked Tortellini and Meatballs is a wonderfully delicious dinner option any night of the week! Everyone in the family will love this cheesy, delicious pasta!
EASY BAKED TORTELLINI AND MEATBALLS
Love it? Pin it to your DINNER board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
If your family is anything like mine, then a consistent dinner favorite is always pasta. Both my husband and son are big-time pasta lovers, and if they had it their way, they would eat it for dinner every night of the week. One of their favorites that they are always asking for is tortellini. Tortellini is typically available in both the refrigerator and freezer section of the grocery store, so I try to stock up when I can. Whenever they’re ready for delicious, easy casserole recipes, I will make this Easy Baked Tortellini and Meatballs.
Real Housemoms TV
This simple pasta just takes a few minutes to prep before sliding it into the oven. In addition to store-bought tortellini, this recipe also uses frozen, store-bought Italian meatballs. If you have a favorite meatball recipe, feel free to use it. However, when I need something quick and easy, using refrigerated pasta and frozen meatballs becomes a big time-saver.
I typically start by defrosting the meatballs in the microwave for a couple minutes, just to get them to thaw a bit. I defrost these right in the baking dish. To the defrosted meatballs, I’ll add the tortellini, and a jar of marinara sauce and a can of diced tomatoes. Simply stir these together to coat the pasta and meatballs evenly in the sauce and tomatoes.
In a separate bowl, I then stir together the ricotta cheese, Italian herbs and garlic salt. Then in small dollops, add the ricotta mixture to the top of the pasta. Just before putting this delicious pasta in the oven, I then add plenty of mozzarella cheese for the ultimate cheesy topping. The cheese bakes beautifully and becomes slightly golden, covering the delicious pasta and meatballs below it.
This pasta takes about 30 minutes to bake. Just enough time to heat the pasta and meatballs through and melt all the cheeses together. Serve with a sprinkling of shredded Parmesan cheese for even more cheesy goodness!
Plate up a big helping for everyone at the table. This hearty pasta dish is perfect for gathering your entire family and enjoying a meal together. Simple. Easy. Delicious!
- 18 - 20 frozen Italian meatballs defrosted
- 20 ounce pkg., refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 24 ounce jar, marinara sauce
- 14.5 ounce can, diced tomatoes
- 1 c. ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian herbs
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an oval or 9 x 13" baking dish, defrost the meatballs in the microwave according to package instructions.
- To the defrosted meatballs add the tortellini, marinara sauce, and diced tomatoes. Toss together well to coat the pasta and meatballs completely.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, Italian herbs, and garlic salt. Drop small dollops of the ricotta cheese mixture evenly over the top of the pasta. Top the pasta evenly with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted. Cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Top each serving with shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.
If you loved this delicious and simple tortellini recipe, be sure to check out a couple of Erin’s other fantastic recipes over at Delightful E Made:
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!