HAM SWISS AND EGG CUPS are so good and they make a great make ahead breakfast full of protein!
I have been trying to eat healthier and make better decisions when it comes to my food. I’m sure I’m the only one, right! 😉 For me the best way to make good choices through out the day is to start early but for me mornings are packed with things to do and places to get so I tend to grab whatever is fast and easy. So, if I’m going to eat well I have to plan ahead. That how Ham, Swiss and Egg Cups came about. I had a free morning and decided to make something that would last in the fridge and help me through the rest of the week.
If I’m going to feel full and not snack all day long, I have to eat protein. I love cereal but I never feel full, so I tend to lean towards eggs. I will keep a few hard boiled eggs in the fridge to have for breakfast but a girl can only do that so many days in a row before she starts thinking that donut looks pretty tasty. Ham, Swiss and Egg Cups are full of protein from the eggs and the ham. I usually have one with some salsa and a piece of fruit like an apple or banana and I’m ready to get a move on. They really warm up well, so it’s perfect as a make ahead breakfast idea! My husband loved them too and even told me I should start making them when we have our special holiday breakfasts! Score!
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- spray a muffin tin with cooking spray
- lay the ham slices in the muffin cups pressing down to form ham cups
- spread onion into the bottom of each cup
- lay a piece of Swiss on top of the onions in each cup
- in a medium bowl whip the eggs and milk together along with the salt and pepper
- pour the egg mixture into each cup
- bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until firm in the centers
- run a knife around the edge of the ham and then remove
- garnish with chopped green onion