PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN FLUFF is like your favorite pineapple upside down cake turned into a cloud! This dessert recipe is so simple and a real crowd pleaser!
I love Pineapple Upside Down Cake! We’ve got a really killer recipe for Pina Colada Pineaple Upside Down Cake and a great Pineapple Upside Down Martini! I’ve been craving those flavors and trying to figure out how to bring something to new to you guys I decided on fluff! Have you guys seen this dessert coming back to life the last few months. Its like those “salads” that were popular in the 60’s and 70’s and after tasting some I’m so glad they’re back!
Pineapple Upside Down Fluff is a dessert. It is in no way a healthy salad. This is pure sugar on turbo and it’s AH-MAZING!!! I said that it serves 6-8 people but really you could cut the serving size down and stretch it out easily. I used our Homemade Cool Whip to make this instead of the store bought non-dairy kind. Homemade Cool Whip is made with real heavy whipping cream and made more stable with unflavored gelatin. Use whatever you prefer and you’ll be fine. Sometimes I make things for the blog and don’t let my family eat them till I’ve got pictures. Depending on how busy I am that can be a day or two and that’s when my husband is at his saddest. This time he asked if he could have some of this fluff after I had given him a taste. You should have seen the pure joy on his face when I said yes! I think he was close to crowning me best wife of the universe!
I’m telling you that if you make Pineapple Upside Down Fluff this summer you will be asked to make it over and over!!!
- 3 oz. coconut cream instant pudding mix
- 20 oz pineapple chunks with juice
- 3 cups Homemade Cool Whip
- 2- 10 oz jar maraschino cherries sliced in half (reserve some whole for garnish if you like)
- Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
- combine coconut cream pudding mix with pineapple chunks and juice in a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir until completely mixed together
- add the homemade Cool Whip into a large mixing bowl
- fold in the pineapple/pudding mixture and the cherry halves
- cover and place in fridge for at least 1 hour
- spoon into a serving bowl and drizzle with homemade salted caramel sauce, top with a cherry and enjoy!