Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups are all of the flavors of classic Chicken Alfredo rolled up into lasagna noodles to make easy lasagna rolls. A simple weeknight dinner recipe that the whole family will love!
I’m always looking for new, easy, recipes to make on busy weeknights and these Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups are currently at the top of my list. Easy chicken recipes are my go-to during the week. These creamy, cheesy, lasagna rolls are filled with shredded chicken and ricotta cheese, and they are topped with creamy Alfredo sauce and a mix of Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. My whole family loves them!
CHICKEN ALFREDO LASAGNA ROLL UPS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Real Housemoms TV
You can make lasagna roll ups any way you like. I’ve made standard Lasagna Rolls with ground beef and cottage cheese, and Mini Lasagna Rolls as appetizers for guests. The thing I love most about lasagna roll ups is that you can make a big batch of them ahead of time and then portion them out into individual servings, or keep them together for a family dinner, and put them in the freezer until you are ready to serve them. I bake my Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups and serve them for dinner then put the leftovers in the freezer for another day. It saves so much time and I love being able to pull out a single serving to heat up for lunch.
How to make chicken alfredo lasagna
- Take shredded chicken, Alfredo sauce, and ricotta cheese, and spread it over cooked lasagna noodles.
- Then the lasagna is rolled up and each lasagna roll is placed in a casserole dish.
- Creamy, cheesy, Alfredo sauce is poured over them and a mix of Parmesan and mozzarella cheese is sprinkled on top.
- Then into the oven it goes until everything is hot and the cheese is melted. It’s like a whole new level of creamy alfredo pasta deliciousness!
To freeze Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups, you will follow the recipe instructions up to the point where the lasagna rolls should go in the oven, instead put them in an airtight container and store them in the freezer. When you are ready to serve them you remove the chicken alfredo roll ups from the freezer and place them in the refrigerator overnight to let them thaw a bit. Then bake them according to the recipe instructions. If you don’t have time to let them thaw you may need to add a little extra time.
If you want to save yourself more time and make these chicken alfredo lasagna rolls even easier, you can use a rotisserie chicken. Just remove the skin and pull the meat off of the bone. Then use two forks to shred the chicken. It eliminates the need to cook the chicken and it means one less pot to wash at the end of the night!
Try my other favorite Italian-inspired recipes!
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Spaghetti and Meatballs
- One Pan Baked Italian Chicken & Tomatoes
- Pizza Lasagna
- Spaghetti Squash Chicken Parmesan
- Pasta Carbonara
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups recipe
Large Pot: This pot is a kitchen essential for everything from dinner to desserts. I use mine all the time and with proper care, it’ll last for years and years.
Parchment Paper: Your baked goods will never stick again! I love using parchment paper for everything from cookies to pizzas!
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
Baking Dish: This baking dish is a must-have for any home cook. I actually have 3 of them in my cupboard, and each dish comes with a lid for storing leftovers or taking your dishes on the go.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook according to package instructions until al dente. Drain water from the pot and place noodles on a flat surface. (I suggest using a piece of parchment paper).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine shredded chicken, ricotta cheese, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- With the lasagna noodles on a flat surface spread 3 ounces of the chicken mixture on each noodle. Leave 1/3 of the noodle bare.
- Top the chicken mixture with 1-2 tablespoons of Alfredo sauce.
- Starting at the end of the noodle roll it up, rolling towards the bare end of the noodle.
- Add 1/4 cup of Alfredo sauce to the bottom of a casserole dish. Place each lasagna roll up into the casserole dish. Pour the remaining Alfredo sauce over the lasagna roll ups. Top with shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove the aluminum foil and continue to bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!