Pull out your stockpot and make this Italian Sausage & Gnocchi Soup today! With plenty of zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, tender gnocchi, garlic, red wine and Italian sausage in a rich and delicious broth, this soup will have you begging for another bowl! Mangia!
I hope y’all are enjoying fall so far! Living in Phoenix, we’re still experiencing very summer-like weather (ughhhhh!!!) … and I’m looking forward to cooler days when I can maybe wear a hoodie or sweatshirt! It really is about the little thing in life, isn’t it?! Although the temperatures are not cooperating, that doesn’t mean I can’t serve up a filling, stick-to-your-ribs kind of soup!
In case you don’t know, one of my favorite things ever is soup – in almost any form! To me, there is something so comforting in a bowl of hot soup. Don’t you feel the same? Not to mention, they’re usually pretty easy to make and they taste delicious! Right?! My husband is a big fan of Italian-style dinners. While I had thought about making Minestrone (Brian’s favorite soup), I ultimately settled for this Italian Sausage & Gnocchi Soup … and man, oh man – I’m glad I did! I’m also glad I made a big pot of this because I got to have some of the leftovers for lunch the next day – and everyone knows that soup is almost always better after the ingredients have had time to play nice with each other! This soup was insanely good and I loved having some crusty garlic bread to sop up the broth! This is definitely one of those recipes that I won’t be waiting years to make again! Serve it with a crusty garlic bread and a fresh tossed salad for an easy, fuss-free and absolutely taste bud tantalizing dinner! Enjoy!
Real Housemoms TV
Oh – and as a side note …. the red wine gives this soup an incredible depth of flavor. It totally adds more to the “mmmmm factor!” However, if you’re not a wine type of person, you can omit it! Just substitute additional beef broth or water for the wine! 😉
- 1 lb. Italian sausage casings removed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 14.5 oz petite-diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 medium zucchini chopped
- 16 oz potato gnocchi
- Parmesan cheese optional
- In a large soup pot, brown and crumble the Italian sausage. Remove sausage from pot. Reserve 1 tbsp. of the sausage dripping and discard the remaining drippings.
- Saute onion and garlic in reserved drippings until onion is soft. Stir in beef broth, wine, tomatoes, carrots, tomato sauce, basil, oregano and cooked Italian sausage. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Skim any fat off the top of the soup. Stir in zucchini. Simmer covered for 20 minutes. Add the gnocchi and cook uncovered until the gnocchi begin to float, about 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!