I have tried to make pizza at home on and off for years but it was never what I wanted in the end. Either it wasn’t the pizzeria taste I was looking for or it was difficult to make. I LOVE fresh baked bread and yeast breads but I am intimidated by yeast. Not only that but when I am trying a recipe out and don’t have anyone there to show me how to do it or the texture that it should be I always get the consistency wrong. I either add too much water or not enough because it’s soo dry here in Arizona. I need simple! So my quest for an easy and delicious pizza dough went on and on and on until I found this one. It is sooo easy! I just dump the ingredients into the mixer and let it go. The recipe calls for rapid rise yeast so there is no dissolving ahead of time. If you don’t have a stand mixer don’t worry, you’ll just need to knead the dough for a few minutes. I did this anyway for a little bit after it came out of the mixer.
It was so easy I made three batches the first time, two for pizza and one for bread sticks. To keep with the easy theme I pulled my dough until it was as thick as I wanted them to be and a rectangle. I topped with my favorite ingredients, baked then sliced into one inch wide strips. We went to town eating these with an amazing pizza sauce I made that I’ll share with you next week.
- 2 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 envelope rapid rise yeast
- 3/4 t salt
- 1 c very warm water between 120 and 130 degrees
Bread Stick Toppings
- 1 t salt
- 2 t rosemary dried
- 1 t thyme dried
- 2 T grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 t garlic powder
- 2 T olive oil
- anything that sounds good to you.
- combine 2 c of flour, yeast and salt
- mix in water
- add remaining flour and combine until dough pulls from the edge of bowl
- knead for 4-5 minutes until smooth, elastic dough is formed.
- cover and let rest for 10 minutes
- roll or pull out to the desired size and shape
- grease a baking sheet or pizza pan with olive oil and place dough on to cook
Bread Stick Toppings
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- brush the olive oil on the dough
- sprinkle the rest of the ingredients except the Parmesan cheese in a single layer over dough
- bake for 10 min and add cheese
- continue to check the dough every 5 minutes may take any where from 15-30 minutes depending on the toppings you have on
Real Housemoms TV
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!