I have tried to make pizza at home on and off for years but it was never what I wanted in the end. Either it wasn’t the pizzeria taste I was looking for or it was difficult to make. I LOVE fresh baked bread and yeast breads but I am intimidated by yeast. Not only that but when I am trying a recipe out and don’t have anyone there to show me how to do it or the texture that it should be I always get the consistency wrong. I either add too much water or not enough because it’s soo dry here in Arizona. I need simple! So my quest for an easy and delicious pizza dough went on and on and on until I found this one. It is sooo easy! I just dump the ingredients into the mixer and let it go. The recipe calls for rapid rise yeast so there is no dissolving ahead of time. If you don’t have a stand mixer don’t worry, you’ll just need to knead the dough for a few minutes. I did this anyway for a little bit after it came out of the mixer.
It was so easy I made three batches the first time, two for pizza and one for bread sticks. To keep with the easy theme I pulled my dough until it was as thick as I wanted them to be and a rectangle. I topped with my favorite ingredients, baked then sliced into one inch wide strips. We went to town eating these with an amazing pizza sauce I made that I’ll share with you next week.
- 2 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 envelope rapid rise yeast
- 3/4 t salt
- 1 c very warm water between 120 and 130 degrees
Bread Stick Toppings
- 1 t salt
- 2 t rosemary dried
- 1 t thyme dried
- 2 T grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 t garlic powder
- 2 T olive oil
- anything that sounds good to you.
- combine 2 c of flour, yeast and salt
- mix in water
- add remaining flour and combine until dough pulls from the edge of bowl
- knead for 4-5 minutes until smooth, elastic dough is formed.
- cover and let rest for 10 minutes
- roll or pull out to the desired size and shape
- grease a baking sheet or pizza pan with olive oil and place dough on to cook
Bread Stick Toppings
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- brush the olive oil on the dough
- sprinkle the rest of the ingredients except the Parmesan cheese in a single layer over dough
- bake for 10 min and add cheese
- continue to check the dough every 5 minutes may take any where from 15-30 minutes depending on the toppings you have on