No matter the season, this Tropical Breeze Cocktail will transport you to the sunny, tropical getaway of your dreams in a single sip.
The fruity and refreshing Tropical Breeze Cocktail is the perfect blend of pineapple, orange and banana with a splash of gold rum! This fresh and fun shaken cocktail is poured over ice and a splash of grenadine to give you a beautiful, awe-inspiring sunset in a glass!
SUMMER VACATION IN A GLASS
Whether you’re poolside or stuck indoors on a rainy day, any occasion can be special when Tropical Breeze Cocktails are on the menu! These sweet drinks give off major island vibes so you can sip your cares away and enjoy the day.
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH A TROPICAL BREEZE COCKTAIL
- Tropical Orange Punch – If you’re looking for a family friendly tropical indulgence for the kids then this is the perfect drink recipe!
- Boozy Tropical Fruit Salad – Sweet, juicy and bathed in rum- this fruit salad is epic!
- Banana Coconut Bundt Cake – In keeping with the tropical vibes, this island inspired cake is to die for.
Fruit Juice: You’ll need orange juice and pineapple juice to create this tropical treat.
Alcohol: This drink gets its banana flavor from Crème de Banane liqueur and its kick from some good old fashioned amber rum.
Mix-ins: Grenadine helps to give this cocktail its signature sunset coloring. You’ll also need ice to keep this cocktail refreshingly chilled while you sip.
Garnish: Although totally optional, feel free to dress up your glass with some orange slices, a pineapple wedge, or a cherry!
HOW TO MAKE A TROPICAL BREEZE COCKTAIL
STEP ONE: Start by adding a tablespoon of grenadine to a tall hurricane glass. Then fill the glass with ice.
STEP TWO: Next, add ice to a cocktail shaker and pour in the rum, banana liqueur, orange juice and pineapple juice. Shake the cocktail well.
STEP THREE: Strain the drink into the glass over the grenadine. Garnish each glass with an orange slice and cherry before adding a straw and cocktail umbrella. Let each person swirl their sunset cocktail to turn it into a deliciously yummy pink drink.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- As with most tropical cocktails, this drink looks its best in a hurricane glass with a fun straw, some fresh fruit garnish and an umbrella for style!
- Try to use the closest to fresh-squeezed, 100% juice as you can find for the best results!
HOW TO MAKE A PITCHER OF TROPICAL BREEZE COCKTAILS
It’s easy to convert this recipe from individual cocktails to a pitcher! Simply use cups instead of ounces. For example, instead of 3 ounces of orange juice, use 3 cups. Pour all of the ingredients into a pitcher over ice, stir and pour! Just be sure to keep the grenadine out of the pitcher so you can still use it in each glass to get that beautiful sunset color.
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT RUM IN THIS COCKTAIL?
You can use any rum you’d like in this Tropical Breeze recipe. I prefer gold, also known as amber, rum because it’s sweet without being too overpowering. If you wanted an extra kick of fruity flavor you might consider using original Malibu rum or try one of their fruit flavored rums.
OTHER TROPICAL TREATS
- Brown Sugar Pineapple Chicken
- Fresh Pineapple Salsa
- Watermelon Colada
- Pineapple Bread
- Rum Runner
- Mai Tai
*This post was originally posted on 02/20/2015
- Pour the grenadine into a hurricane glass. Fill the glass with ice.
- Add some ice to a cocktail shaker. Pour in the rum, banana liqueur, orange juice, and pineapple juice. Cover and shake well until the shaker is cold.
- Slowly strain the shaker into the hurricane. Garnish with an orange slice and cherry before adding a straw and cocktail umbrella. Serve immediately.