Tropical Orange Punch is the ultimate refreshing summer drink! Cool down at your summer parties with a glass of this delicious citrus drink!
This post is sponsored by Florida Orange Juice. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s May which means it’s getting hot and it’s time to start planning your summer parties! Half of what makes a party great is the food and in that includes drinks. Sure soda is good and easy but a beautiful, refreshing, and delicious drink like this Tropical Orange Punch is even better and has nutritional benefits from Florida Orange Juice! The star of this Tropical Orange Punch is Florida Orange Juice. Nothing is as refreshing during the warmer months than Florida OJ. Florida Orange Juice has no added sugar and provides nutritional value with its high amounts of Vitamin C, folate, and potassium. An 8-ounce cup of it even counts as one of your daily recommended servings of fruit! A much better option to the empty calories in soda.
TROPICAL ORANGE PUNCH
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DRINK pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I’ve talked about growing up moving every two years before, but I’m not sure if I ever told you I was born in Florida! More specifically Orlando, so my childhood is filled with memories of Florida Orange Juice and amusement parks! I’m super lucky! When we moved away we would always vacation in central Florida in the summers. My family is still down there and it’s one of my favorite places ever! There are three kids in my family so flights were crazy pricey! Instead, we’d drive from whatever state we were living in to get the vacation started! I loved falling asleep on the drive and waking up to see palm trees and orange groves! It always signaled we were just about there and fun would begin!
My dad would tell me stories about growing up surrounded by the orange groves and running through them with his friends. We always had orange juice for breakfast growing up and it was ALWAYS Florida Orange Juice! Now, I’m an adult and summer vacations always mean sipping on drinks made with orange juice! Now when I go on vacation my drinks always start with Florida OJ!
I love to make pitcher drinks when I entertain! They’re super versatile! You can serve up one with alcohol and one without! It’s an easy way to make everyone happy without having to be stuck behind the bar all night!
How to Make Tropical Orange Punch
- The first step is to make the strawberry simple syrup. After you try this you’ll want to put it in all your drinks. All you have to do is place water, sugar, and strawberries in a pot and let it cook for 10 minutes, letting all the juice come out of the strawberries. Avoid the temptation to stir or mash the berries or else the syrup will become cloudy. Store the syrup in a jar in the fridge.
- You can mix the syrup with the pineapple juice and Florida Orange Juice in a large punch bowl or pitcher but I prefer to make each glass individually. By layering in the ingredients you can create a fun looking layered effect with the simple syrup on the bottom and the juices on top. It looks like the sunset you’d see while sitting on the beach.
- And of course, no party is complete without cute paper straws! Use them to mix the simple syrup into the juices and drink up!
Can I add Booze?
Yes! This is the perfect punch for kids and families but for those that want a little something extra you can easily add it in. Rum goes perfectly with the tropical flavors in this punch. I like to add a little extra flavor with silver rum and coconut rum, but if coconut isn’t your thing you can use just the silver rum.
Want more Florida OJ recipes?
- Florida Department Of Citrus
- Strawberry Orange Sunrise Smoothie
- 5-Minute Orange Syrup
- Virgin Mango Orange Mojito
- Orange Vanilla Bean Margaritas
- Orange Cranberry Party Punch
- More drink recipes…
For the Punch:
- 8 cups Florida Orange Juice
- 2 cups pineapple juice
For the Simple Syrup:
- 1 pound strawberries washed and hulled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
For the Simple Syrup:
- Mix sugar and water together in a medium saucepan. Add the whole strawberries and bring to a low simmer. Cook for 10 minutes without stirring. Strain into a bowl or jar. Skim off any bubbles. Chill.
For the Punch:
- Assemble drinks by placing 3 tablespoons simple syrup in the bottom of glasses and then add the ice. Pour in 1/4 cup pineapple juice into each glass followed by a cup of Florida Orange Juice. Serve immediately.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!