Candy Corn is a super popular these days for Halloween (like this Candy Corn Birthday Party we did a few years ago!)…it’s a fun and non-scary way to celebrate Halloween for little ones and older kids alike. So today we thought we’d share an easy Halloween Favor idea with this recipe for Candy Corn Popcorn and Free Printables to go with it!!
The recipe for the popcorn is as follows….
- 10 cups popped White corn (airpopped)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (can use butter or margarine but I wanted a bright white coloring)
- 4 cups marshmallows
- 10 cups prepopped butter flavored popcorn (I wanted the yellow color so I opted for pre-popped)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, butter or margarine
- 4 cups white marshmallows
- A few drops of yellow food coloring (less if using gel coloring)
- 10 cups pre-popped butter flavored popcorn (I wanted the yellow color so I opted for pre-popped)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil butter or margarine
- 4 cups Jett Puffed Candy Corn flavored marshmallows (*note these were thinner when melted down vs regular marshmallows, if yours is too thin, add a few more)
- A couple of drops of orange food coloring (it will be light orange from marshmallows but I wanted it a bit brighter)
- Candy corn for sprinkling on top
- Melt coconut oil and marshmallows over low heat until melted down (pour-able consistency), pour over popped corn and mix thoroughly with a spoon. Warning it will be hot, not a kid job! To avoid sticking on spoon spray non stick spray or grease it with a bit of coconut oil.
- Melt coconut oil and marshmallows over low heat until melted down (pour-able consistency), stir in yellow or orange food coloring, pour over popped corn, and mix thoroughly with a spoon. Warning it will be hot, not a kid job! To avoid sticking on spoon spray non stick spray or grease it with a bit of coconut oil.
- Place popcorn into baggies (or a large clear bowl), white popcorn first followed by orange, and then yellow. Sprinkle candy corn over top of the mixture and serve!
After your popcorn is made you can use some fun different ways to bag it up and serve it!!
You can layer it in a glass bowl or jar for easy eating by guests or you can use long cellophane party bags to make it look even more like a candy corn and use some free printables (downloadable below) to make them individual party favors!!
Walmart– popcorn, candy corn marshmallows, marshmallows, food coloring
Hobby Lobby–Clear triangle cello bags, clear popcorn box
Download your Free Prints here:
And if you’re looking for other Halloween Party Ideas you can check this out too from DimplePrints: