Make this creamed corn casserole with jalapenos and cheddar cheese in the Crockpot! It’s so easy and creamy with frozen corn, diced jalapenos, and cream cheese!
Whenever I make this pork tenderloin recipe, I already know my side dish: Slow Cooker Cheddar Jalapeño Corn Casserole. If you love creamed corn, you’re going to love this amazing casserole with melted cheese and spicy jalapeños, too. There’s truly no easier casserole, and I love that I can make it in the Crockpot!
I’m all about slow cooking in my Crock Pot! In the summer you don’t have to heat up your kitchen, in the winter you can have warm dips and soups to help warm you up. I make this corn casserole recipe year-round, from Thanksgiving to summertime!
I definitely recommend using a slow cooker liner for this recipe! When you’re simmering cheese for hours in the Crockpot, it’s not so easy to scrape out. These handy plastic liners make it when it’s time for clean-up.
CORN: I use frozen corn and creamed corn for this yummy casserole recipe. You can also use fresh corn in the summer!
CREAM CHEESE: I love making this decadent corn casserole with cream cheese! I even leave small cream cheese clumps in the casserole for a tangy, creamy surprise.
JALAPENOS: You can use fresh or pickled diced jalapenos, totally your call. I save some slices for a garnish. Don’t forget to remove the seeds!
A little cheddar cheese, cornbread mix, and butter, and you’re ready to cook! Luckily the Crockpot does all the work for you with this corn casserole recipe.
How to Make Corn Casserole in a Slow Cooker
STEP ONE: Prep your slow cooker with a protective liner or cooking spray. Then, mix the softened cream cheese, sugar, and eggs together in a mixing bowl. I use a fork, but you can also use a hand mixer.
SEP TWO: Add the cream cheese mixture to the Crockpot with the corn, cheddar cheese, creamed corn, cornbread mix, milk, diced jalapeños, melted butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix it all up.
STEO THREE: Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for a few hours until the creamed corn casserole is set but still jiggles in the middle. You can garnish with more shredded cheese and/or sliced jalapeños when serving. You’ll be making this easy corn casserole every week!
Tips for Success
- I love this slow cooker corn casserole because it’s great for meal prep and easy to freeze, too!
- To freeze this jalapeño corn casserole, let it cool completely before covering it. You can safely freeze it for up to 3 months.
- To reheat, let it thaw overnight in the fridge and bake at 350 degrees F until it’s warmed through completely.
What to Serve with Corn Casserole
Keep the stove off tonight with this air fryer pork chop recipe! It’s the perfect family meal that you can have cooked and ready in under 25 minutes!
If your clan loves jalapeños, try this creamed corn casserole with my jalapeño popper stuffed chicken. This flavorful, cheesy chicken is a huge step up from your ordinary chicken dinner!
This Instant Pot pot roast is a meal on its own, but it also goes so well with this cheesy corn casserole. Foolproof and delicious, you’ll never make pot roast in the oven again.
I love a juicy glazed ham, but they’re not just for holidays! Make this quick and easy ham in the Instant Pot with a tangy apricot glaze.
More Amazing Side Dish Recipes
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- Classic Macaroni Salad
- Cheesy Bacon Oven Potatoes
- Spicy Ranch Cauliflower
- Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad
*This post originally posted on 09/03/2014.
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened & cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 cups frozen corn (one 16-ounce bag)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 14.75 ounces creamed corn (1 can)
- 1 1/3 cups Homemade Cornbread Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jalapeno sliced, for garnish
- Coat the insert of your slow cooker generously with non-stick cooking spray or use a crock pot liner.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and eggs. (I usually mash it all together with a fork so there are creamy cream cheese pieces in the casserole. If you prefer the cream cheese completely mixed in, use a hand mixer and beat until smooth.)
- Pour the cream cheese mixture along with the frozen corn, shredded cheese, creamed corn, cornbread mix, milk, diced jalapeno, melted butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper into the slow cooker. Stir until evenly combined.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours. The center of the casserole should be set and have a very slight jiggle once it has finished cooking. (My casserole usually takes around 2.5 hours.)
- Remove the cover and top with jalapeno slices if desired. Serve warm.