Slow Cooker Cheddar Jalapeno Corn Casserole can’t be beat! It delivers the sweetness of corn with the kick of a jalapeno and the richness of cheddar cheese, all that in a slow cooker!!!!
I’m all about slow cooking in my Crock Pot! It’s such a great machine!!!!! In the summer you don’t have to heat up your kitchen, in the winter you can have warm dips and soups to help heat you up and when you have zero time you can get dinner on the table with very little effort. I wanted to make a corn casserole but I knew that I was going to be running around my house like a mad woman when dinner came up. I decided to make this Slow Cooker Cheddar Jalapeno Corn Casserole for a side dish with dinner and I am so glad I did. It came together so fast and my house smelled amazing! My husband and I couldn’t stop eating it and we were trying to get to the leftovers before the other one. (I won! It pays to be the one to organize the fridge.)
When I cooked this I didn’t use a liner in my crock pot, I just sprayed with cooking spray. That night I put the leftovers in the fridge and then let it sit overnight with water. If this would drive you bonkers, definitely use the liner. You are baking cheese for 2 to 4 hours in there so it won’t be that easy to get out. The next day I didn’t have a problem though. Now I know that there is a heated debate on whether cornbread should be sweet or savory and your answer USUALLY depends on what region of the States you call home. I’m from the South but I like my cornbread and casseroles to have a sweetness to them. That’s not to say that this is a cake, far from it. I like to have SOME sugar or honey to bring out the sweetness of the corn but as you can see this dish has cheddar and jalapeno in it, so no one will be frosting this bad boy and calling it a cake. 🙂 Feel free though to adjust the sugar to your taste. I would recommend making this for a crowd or just one or two because you’ll love the leftovers too!
When you make this snap a quick pic on Instagram and use the hashtag, #RHfood so we can catch a glimpse!
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened & cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 cups frozen corn (one 16-ounce bag)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 14.75 ounces creamed corn (1 can)
- 1 1/3 cups Homemade Cornbread Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeds removed and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper sliced, for garnish
- Coat the insert of your slow cooker generously with non-stick cooking spray or use a crock pot liner.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and eggs. (I usually mash it all together with a fork so there are creamy cream cheese pieces in the casserole. If you prefer the cream cheese completely mixed in, use a hand mixer and beat until smooth.)
- Pour the cream cheese mixture along with the frozen corn, shredded cheese, creamed corn, cornbread mix, milk, diced jalapeno, melted butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper into the slow cooker. Stir until evenly combined.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours. The center of the casserole should be set and have a very slight jiggle once it has finished cooking. (My casserole usually takes around 2.5 hours.)
- Remove the cover and top with jalapeno slices if desired. Serve warm.