These Cheesy Bacon Oven Potatoes with jalapeno are an easy and flavorful recipe that is perfect for breakfast or brunch!
I think the best thing about the weekend is having the time to make a bona fide breakfast meal. During the week I am guilty of starting my days with breakfast bars, yogurt, or sometimes just a cup of coffee. So weekend breakfast (or better yet, brunch) is a downright luxury.
Pancakes, waffles, and pastries are great. But I always gravitate more to the savory breakfast meals. I like meaty, potato-ey, cheesy, super filling meals. These Cheesy Bacon Oven Potatoes with Jalapeno is all of those things with a touch of spiciness.
This recipe isn’t just for breakfast and brunch though. It also works as a breakfast for dinner option!
Just cut potatoes into cubes. Then bake them until golden brown. Top with bacon, jalapeno, and cheese towards the end . . . done. Eat! Eat! Eat!
- 6 ounces Bacon
- 3 lbs Gold Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil + more for pan
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cracked Pepper
- 1 Small Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese Blend
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Line rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place wire cooling rack on top. Evenly layer bacon strips on wire rack. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bacon begins to crisp
- While bacon is cooking, thoroughly wash potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Soak potato cubes in cold water until bacon is done cooking.
- Remove bacon from oven and increase temperature to 425°F
- Drain, rinse and pat potatoes dry.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to rimmed baking sheet that has been generously coated with oil.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Flip potatoes 2-3 times throughout baking time.
- While potatoes are cooking roughly chop bacon. Remove jalapeno seeds and finely chop pepper.
- Once potatoes are golden brown, top with bacon and jalapeno. Bake 5 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake 1-2 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
More For Breakfast. . .