Overnight Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole is perfect for a delicious, hearty and super satisfying make-ahead brunch dish everyone will love!
Who else here loves breakfast and brunch foods? (I hope you have both hands raised in the air, waving wildly.) No matter the time of day, I’m always in the mood for eggs. And potatoes. And cheese. This Overnight Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole brings together some of my favorites and is the perfect thing to make when you’ve got family in town or friends coming over for brunch. I love that it’s ready to go and waiting for me in the morning. Let’s me focus on getting everything else tidied up and ready to serve.
OVERNIGHT CROCK POT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SLOW COOKER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
MY LATEST VIDEOS
This breakfast casserole is also very customizable. You can use turkey sausage like I do here – either hot or mild – or substitute pork sausage or even ham or bacon. You can switch up the cheese too. Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack would be great. You can even add some red pepper flakes or diced jalapeño if you like a little heat. And if you don’t want to be fussing with this crock pot overnight breakfast casserole much at night before, you can chop the veggies and cook the sausage earlier in the day. Then you just need to layer everything in the crock pot and turn it on!
Ta-da! Breakfast will be ready and waiting for you in the morning. And the delicious smells will usher your whole family to the kitchen to dig in! So whether you’ve got family in town, overnight guests, holiday visitors or just want a fantastic breakfast that cooks itself, I hope you give this overnight crock pot breakfast casserole a try!
Want more breakfast casserole recipes?
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Fruity Croissant puff with Vanilla Bean Glaze
- Farmer’s Casserole
- Maple Sausage French Toast Bake
- Sausage, Gouda & Biscuit Breakfast Casserole
- More breakfast recipes…
Tools used to make this Overnight Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole recipe
Slow Cooker: I love this crock pot! The lid is very secure and I can pack it up and take it on the go if I’m heading to a potluck. This slow cooker is a workhorse in my kitchen and has worked great for years!
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
- 1 lb. frozen bag hash brown potatoes diced or shredded
- 1 cup onion diced small
- 1 1/2 cups bell pepper any color or a mix, diced small
- 1 lb. turkey sausage hot or mild, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- extra shredded cheese
- diced tomatoes or salsa
- sour cream or Greek yogurt
- diced avocado
- chopped green onions
- chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- hot sauce
- Place the frozen hash brown potatoes in the bottom of your slow cooker. (I don’t use cooking spray but you can if you’re worried yours might stick.)
- Place the chopped onion and peppers on top of the potatoes.
- Next, layer the cooked sausage in the crock pot and top with the shredded cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and remaining ingredients (but not the toppings).
- Pour the egg mixture over the other ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Put the lid on and cook for 8-9 hours on low.
- Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
You can substitute pork sausage if you prefer. You could also replace the sausage with diced ham or cooked, crumbled bacon. I use skim or 2% milk, but you could use a milk substitute or use half-and-half for a richer dish. The toppings are optional but really help make this casserole look gorgeous and bring a bright, fresh taste as well.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!