Sausage, Gouda & Biscuit Breakfast Casserole is an easy breakfast. Packed with sausage and smoked Gouda, this biscuit and eggs dish will be a real crowd pleaser!
SAUSAGE, GOUDA & BISCUIT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Love it? Pin it to your BREAKFAST board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
My kids love having a nice breakfast. If they could have either homemade crepes with raspberry jam or homemade biscuits and gravy they would. Ever single day! And while I love making a nice breakfast from scratch, let’s be real it ain’t going to happen every day. We have mornings with oatmeal, one-eyed toast, cereal (sugar loaded – weekend treat) and regular toast with peanut butter and banana.
But one of my signature to go-to breakfasts are casseroles. They are easy and delicious. And some of them I throw together the night before. And sometimes I get up in the morning – and just throw things together, like this one.
I had some biscuits in the refrigerator and leftover Gouda, so I grabbed some sausage from the freezer and viola – breakfast is served. What is nice, is that if you needed you can make this night before you can.
A nice breakfast or brunch menu doesn’t need to be complicated – it can be simple and delicious. I can’t wait for Sausage, Gouda & Biscuit Breakfast Casserole. Enjoy! XOXO San
More Delicious Breakfast Casseroles to Try!
Breakfast casseroles are so simple to make and perfect for a busy school morning, brunch with friends or the holidays like Christmas or Easter! Here are more of my favorites for you to try!
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Casserole with Bacon
- Breakfast Casserole with Hash Browns
- Breakfast Casserole with Ham
- 1 lb. maple sausage
- 16 ounce container of large refrigerated biscuits open & separate biscuits
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups shredded smoked Gouda cheese or any cheese you like
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray 9-inch x 13-inch pan with cooking oil.
- Cook sausage according to package directions until browned, and then remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Cut uncooked biscuits rounds into quarters. Set all of the biscuit dough on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Top biscuits with cooked sausage.
- In a small mixing bowl combine milk, eggs and ground mustard and whisk until well combined. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over the biscuit dough and sausage. Top casserole with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven allowing to cool for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Want some more delicious breakfast or brunch recipes – check out a couple of our favorites: