Sausage, Gouda & Biscuit Breakfast Casserole is an easy breakfast. Packed with sausage and smoked Gouda, this biscuit and eggs dish will be a real crowd pleaser!
SAUSAGE, GOUDA & BISCUIT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Love it? Pin it to your BREAKFAST board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
My kids love having a nice breakfast. If they could have either homemade crepes with raspberry jam or homemade biscuits and gravy they would. Ever single day! And while I love making a nice breakfast from scratch, let’s be real it ain’t going to happen every day. We have mornings with oatmeal, one-eyed toast, cereal (sugar loaded – weekend treat) and regular toast with peanut butter and banana.
But one of my signature to go to breakfasts are casseroles. They are easy and delicious. And some of them I throw together the night before. And sometimes I get up in the morning – and just throw things together, like this one.
I had some biscuits in the refrigerator and left over Gouda, so I grabbed some sausage from the freezer and viola – breakfast is served. What is nice, is that if you needed you can make this night before you can.
A nice breakfast or brunch menu doesn’t need to be complicated – it can be simple and delicious. I can’t wait to Sausage, Gouda & Biscuit Breakfast Casserole. Enjoy! XOXO San
- 1 lb. maple sausage
- 16 ounce container of large refrigerated biscuits open & separate biscuits
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups shredded smoked Gouda cheese or any cheese you like
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray 9-inch x 13-inch pan with cooking oil.
- Cook sausage according to package directions until browned, and then remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Cut uncooked biscuits rounds into quarters. Set all of the biscuit dough on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Top biscuits with cooked sausage.
- In a small mixing bowl combine milk, eggs and ground mustard and whisk until well combined. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over the biscuit dough and sausage. Top casserole with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven allowing to cool for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Want some more delicious breakfast or brunch recipes – check out a couple of our favorites:
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!