Tender baby carrots tossed in a rich brown butter & garlic herb sauce make for a simple, quick, and delicious side dish. These Brown Butter Carrots go with almost all your favorite meals!
BROWN BUTTER CARROTS
Love it? Pin it to your SIDE DISH board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I cannot believe it is February already – time is passing so quickly these days! Maybe it’s just that I am a mother now to two very busy little toddlers and that I have more on my plate (no pun intended) than ever before but I feel like every time I look at the calendar it just amazed me how fast it goes. All that being said, I am not going to be sad for Winter to fly by! I am done with the mountains of snow we’ve been getting and the freezing weather – I’m ready for warmer temperatures and sunny days! Spring cannot come soon enough!
These brown butter carrots are absolutely delicious during any time of year but I find myself making them more than ever when Springtime rolls around. They just scream SPRING to me! Maybe that has to do with the fact that my mother always, always fixes buttered baby carrots for Easter, but I can’t thing of Springy eats without thinking of these delectable baby carrots. The recipe is so simple and so tasty I know it will become a staple in your house!
- 4-6 cups baby carrots
- 1/2 cup 4 ounces butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Place carrots in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 6-8 minutes until tender. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- While carrots are cooking (or afterward) place butter in a small sauce pan. Melt over medium heat. Once melted, stir in garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Continue to cook butter for 3-5 minutes, stir throughout, until it reaches a deep golden color. Pour over cooked carrots and toss to coat. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and serve.