Ravioli Gorgonzola is a ridiculously easy meatless main dish (or side dish) made with pillowy cheese-filled ravioli topped with the deliciously nutty taste of toasted walnuts and tangy gorgonzola cheese.
Some weekdays I’m so busy with work, and then with blogging in the evenings that I don’t have time to prepare dinner. If Mr. Flavor Mosaic is working late, and it is dinner for one (me), then this is one of my easy go-to meals. If you can boil water, you can make this recipe.
The nice thing is about this meal is even though it is easy enough to prepare just for yourself, it is impressive enough to serve company, even that special someone on a date night or on Valentine’s Day.
What makes it extra special is the taste and texture! The creamy, cheesy, pillowy filling of the ravioli, contrasting with the crunchiness of the walnuts makes a wonderful meal. The flavor combination of the green beans, blue cheese, and walnuts with the ravioli is amazing! Only a little olive oil and butter is needed to finish it off.
Be friendly and say hi, and let me know in the comments for which occasion you will be making this recipe?
- 1 9 ounce package of refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups fresh green beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola crumbled
- Prepare ravioli according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In another medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add green beans and cook for about 3 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chopped walnuts and stir. Cook for about 2 minutes to toast the walnuts. Add the drained green beans and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the ravioli evenly among the plates. Top with the green bean and walnut mixture. Sprinkle with blue cheese, and serve.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my Cheesy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta.
Or you may like like to serve the ravioli with the Spinach Strawberry Champagne Salad.
Leave a Reply