Growing up I was never a fan of grapefruit. The juice always looked so pretty but every time I tried it, it was just so bitter. Now though I find myself really liking the juice in cocktails. I first tried it in this Grapefruit Tom Collins and now this Grapefruit Margarita and I’m hooked!
I love the color, don’t you? It’s perfect for spring and summer! The flavors are bright and cheery and I think this is going to be my new favorite this summer. I have a weakness for margaritas, they are the best drink to sip by the pool or just out in the sun, relaxing with friends and family. I can’t wait for some warmth and sunshine and more of these Grapefruit Margaritas.
- 1 1/2 oz. Tequila Silver
- 1/2 oz Triple Sec
- 1 oz. sweet and sour mix
- 2 oz. grapefruit juice
- sliced grapefruit
- salt for garnish
- grapefruit slices for garnish
- combine the tequila, triple sec, sweet and sour mix, and grapefruit juice in an ice filled shaker
- rub the rim of a margarita glass or mason jar with a slice of grapefruit
- dip the glass in salt to rim the glass
- fill with crushed ice
- pour the margarita into the ice filled glass