I love fried pickles and other fried things that can be dipped in dressing.
OK. I love fried food.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
I’ve had fried green beans and fried pickles but never fried asparagus before. I think it might be one of my favorites, right up there with fried pickles. The asparagus stay crispy with they have a crispy breading on the outside too. I made a batch of these, photographed them and had two before having my husband try them. He then ate the entire batch! He loved them with the Greek yogurt ranch dressing. I will absolutely be making these again!!!
- 1 1/2 lbs. asparagus rough end snapped off
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- in a shallow pan or pie dish combine flour, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- in another shallow bowl beat the eggs
- heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat
- dip the asparagus in the eggs then in the flour mixture and completely coat
- place on a baking sheet
- place a few of the asparagus into the oil and cook on each side about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown
- remove from heat and allow to cool on paper towel to drain
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!