I love fried pickles and other fried things that can be dipped in dressing.
OK. I love fried food.
I’ve had fried green beans and fried pickles but never fried asparagus before. I think it might be one of my favorites, right up there with fried pickles. The asparagus stay crispy with they have a crispy breading on the outside too. I made a batch of these, photographed them and had two before having my husband try them. He then ate the entire batch! He loved them with the Greek yogurt ranch dressing. I will absolutely be making these again!!!
- 1 1/2 lbs. asparagus rough end snapped off
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- in a shallow pan or pie dish combine flour, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- in another shallow bowl beat the eggs
- heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat
- dip the asparagus in the eggs then in the flour mixture and completely coat
- place on a baking sheet
- place a few of the asparagus into the oil and cook on each side about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown
- remove from heat and allow to cool on paper towel to drain