SNICKERDOODLE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BITES have to be one of your Thanksgiving desserts! They are the perfect little bite of no bake cheesecake and chewy cookie!
I’m going to be up front with you guys. I have been burnt out on cooking. I think everyone goes through that but when your job is to cook being burnt out on cooking is a little stressful. Looking back on it I think I may have just been in a rut. I was not feeling very inspired to cook for the site or my family (which tends to be the same recipes) and so we were going out to eat A LOT! A lot, a lot. With the holidays here and all the memes on Facebook counting down the weekends till Christmas, 6 at this point, I took a look at our budget. Eating out adds up fast! So I made a commitment to not go out to eat until our friends come for a visit at the end of the month. That really pushed me to get creative with dinner and then from there it’s just been fun to cook again! I’m forcing myself to make new meals that we haven’t had yet and getting input from the kids so everyone is involved int he process. I’m really excited to get into the kitchen and cook again! Yay!!! So this weekend I started day dreaming about Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites! I could see them in my head and knew I just needed to get them onto my plate ASAP! I’m so glad I did because now I have a new yummy treat for my Thanksgiving dessert table
MY LATEST VIDEOS
This recipe is so simple! I used the basic snickerdoodle dough from my Rolo Filled Snickerdoodles and turned them into little cups to hold this crazy yummy no bake pumpkin cheesecake! You can’t go wrong! I used my recipe for Homemade Cool Whip but if you don’t want to, you can easily use the store bought. They are so crazy simple and what I love about them is the ability to make them ahead! The week of Thanksgiving gets busy and Thanksgiving day I want to be hanging out with my family watching football not stuck in the kitchen missing out on the fun. So, I make or prep a lot of the menu ahead of time. This is a recipe that you could easily make the week before and then stick in the freezer. Then, all you have to do is pull them into the fridge the night before and you’re good to go on Thanksgiving! I’m going to serve these up next to my traditional pies for an alternative for the non pie eaters. I’m so excited to be creating yummy treats in the kitchen again and can’t wait for you to try out these Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites!
- 1/2 cup cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 cup Homemade Cool Whip plus more to top dessert cups
- using a stand mixer or hand mixer with large bowl cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go
- beat in the egg, once combined scrape down the sides of the bowl again
- with mixer on low, add in the vanilla and stir until combined
- in a medium sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt
- with mixer on low slow stir in flour mixture until just combined
- cover dough and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour*
- preheat oven to 350 F
- combine 1/2 granulated sugar and cinnamon into a large zip top bag
- scoop 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Place ball in zip top bag and repeat with remaining dough
- spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray
- place 1 dough ball into each cup
- place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes
- remove from oven and press the center of the cookie down to create a cup. (I used the round handle of a wooden spoon)
- allow to cool 5 minutes then remove to finish cooling on a wire rack
- in the bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer whip the cream cheese, pumpkin puree, sugar and pumpkin pie spice
- remove from mixer and stir in 1/4 cup of homemade Cool Whip
- carefully fold in remaining cool whip
Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Cheese Cake Bites
- once the cookies are cooled completely fill the cups with pumpkin cheesecake
- refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight
- top with cool whip when ready to serve
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!