Creme Brulee is a favorite dessert for my husband and me. We order it when we go out and we love it! Ordering it will no longer be necessary because I will be making them at home whenever we feel like giving in to our sweet cravings. We got a creme brulee set with a torch and ramekins about ten years ago, but it has been sitting in the box ever since. Once I found an incredibly easy Creme Brulee recipe at cd kitchen, I knew it was time to open the box and give the torch a try. It is absolutely going to be used, a lot! Easy Creme Brulee is not only super simple to make, but it is also unbelievably delicious. When my husband started eating it, he said, “OH MY GOD, this tastes like it is from a restaurant. You need to make this again, and put it on the blog!” It made me so happy to hear his reaction. I had to agree with him since I just ate one for lunch and knew how amazing it tasted. I did not use the tiny ramekins that came with the set, but big dishes from the dollar section at Target. I don’t think this size was meant for a single serving of Creme Brulee, but it didn’t stop me from eating the whole thing! My daughter had a couple bites of mine, but I basically ate it all by myself. It started out where I was just going to try it and have a couple bites to make sure it turned out good. Obviously it did since I ate the whole bowl in one sitting! That is how amazing this Creme Brulee tasted! Even if you don’t have a torch, you can still make this easy dessert and caramelize the sugar in the broiler. After reading many reviews from the original recipe, I modified the recipe and adjusted the oven temperature and time so my Easy Creme Brulee came out perfectly! Enjoy!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- sugar to sprinkle on top and caramelize
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Combine cream, sugar, and vanilla in a microwavable bowl, mix together,and heat for 2 minutes
- Beat egg yolks until smooth, and stir into the cream mixture
- Pour into ramekins
- Place ramekins in a 9x13 baking dish
- Heat water in a pot, not quite to the boiling point, and pour into baking dish, half way up side of ramekins
- Bake at 325 for 1hour, 35 minutes (you can start checking at about an hour and ten minutes, every ten minutes, and you'll know they're done when you can stick a knife in one and it comes out clean)
- Remove the ramekins from the baking pan, set them on the counter, and let them cool for 15 minutes or so
- Put them in the refrigerator and let them chill overnight
- The next day, sprinkle a thin layer of sugar on the top of each (make sure it's a THIN layer, but also make sure it completely covers the custard)
- Torch it, making sure you torch the entire top of the creme brulee to caramelize (melt and harden) the sugar (if you don't have a torch, you can put them under the broiler for a minute or so
Real Housemoms TV
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!