With all the holiday parties and gathering coming up, you will want to put Apricot, Goat Cheese & Caramelized Onion Crostini on your menu! It’s a simple and delicious way to entertain!
APRICOT, GOAT CHEESE & CARAMELIZED ONION CROSTINI!
Love it? Pin it to your APPETIZER board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Oh my word, this is so easy to make but so, so delicious. If you are a fan of goat cheese like I am, you have got to make this sweet and savory appetizer this season! The recipe starts by caramelizing sweet onions. I made my caramelized onions stove top, but they are super easy to make using your slow cooker. I often double the amount and make a big batch to keep in the refrigerator. Caramelized onions are great on all sorts of things. I mix them into mayonnaise to use as a tasty spread on sandwiches. I also like to top pierogies with them. But, today, I am using them in this wonderful crostini appetizer!
Crostini appetizers seem to be all the rage these days. I think it’s because they are so easy to make. I love the sweet/savory profile in this version. It really is full of all of my favorites: sweet onions, apricot preserves, and creamy goat cheese.
I used apricot preserves in this recipe because that is what I had on hand. I think fig jam would be an awesome choice for this recipe as well! You can use any flavor jam or preserves for the sweet portion of this appetizer recipe. Get creative!
How pretty do these look?
So easy to prepare, but your guests will think you spent hours making them!
Hot Holiday Tip: Prepare the caramelized onions ahead of time and store them in your fridge then assemble the crostini for a quick impromptu appetizer your friends and family will love.
These crostini are addictive! So good, I found myself making an entire meal out of them! You might find yourself doing the same. So make sure you make extra!
- 2 TBS vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 loaf of French bread sliced diagonally and lightly toasted
- 2/3 cup apricot preserves
- 4 oz. goat cheese crumbled
- fresh thyme optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat and add onion, salt and sugar. Cook 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are caramelized.
- Arrange bread slices on baking sheet. Evenly top with apricot preserves,caramelized onions, and goat cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes or until goat cheese is just melted. Garnish, if desired, with fresh thyme sprigs.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!