This past weekend I was invited to a White Elephant Christmas party. They’re so much fun. If you’re not familiar with them you bring a gag gift and they’re placed in the center of everyone. One at a time you take turns getting a present. You can either draw an unopened present from the center or you can steal a present from someone that has already opened a gift. A present can only be stolen a maximum of 3 times, so the third time it’s locked in and that person is taking it home. I brought home an elf wig with ears and a Santa hat. I had the option to steal someone else’s but I knew my little guys would love it and it turns out that I was able to get one of my all time favorite Christmas pictures because I kept it. Look at how cute that little elf is!!!! Of course it’s all just an excuse to hang out with friends, make new friends and EAT! 🙂 I was able to meet a lot of really great new friends and eat a ton of great food. Everyone brought an appetizer or dessert and we all had fun. Of course I brought this cheese ball because make ahead makes me happy during the Christmas season.
Real Housemoms TV
Cheese balls are a great appetizer. You can do so much to make them different and they come together so fast. Let me tell you that this version tastes amazing! The ball I brought to the party was huge and it was just about gone when I left! Everyone liked it and so did my husband. There’s more flavor than you’d think looking at the ingredients. I’m making this again for New Year’s. I love the colors of this cheese ball too. It has green and red in the ball itself and then the outside is covered in bright, fresh parsley! Serve it with a tasty cracker or just eat it by the spoonful, just kidding, and you’ll be happy!
- 2- 8 oz. cream cheese blocks softened
- 4 oz. Garlic & Herb Feta cheese
- 3 c cheddar cheese shredded (shred this at home it will stick better in the ball)
- 1/4 c green onion chopped
- 1/4 c. red bell pepper chopped finely
- 1/2 c. fresh parsley chopped and dried
- beat the cream cheese until fluffy
- add in feta and cheddar cheese and continue to mixj
- add in green onion and bell pepper
- line a large cereal bowl with plastic wrap so that there is extra hanging over
- put the cheese mixture into the plastic lined bowl and cover
- place into the fridge and chill for 2 hours or until cold and firm
- spread out the parsley onto a cutting board
- pull the cheese out of the bowl using the plastic wrap and form into a ball
- roll around on the parsley until completely covered
- place on a cheese board with crackers and serve
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!