Onion Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball is an easy to make recipe that tastes amazing and has the most beautiful colors!!! Your friends will go nuts for this make-ahead appetizer!
The holidays are a busy time of year at my house. It seems like there are always people coming and going. While it’s great having everyone around to spend time with, feeding people throughout the day or at the last minute can be a challenge. I usually keep a few boxes of crackers, some salami or cured meats, and this Onion Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball on hand. Anything I can grab and throw on a plate is an easy entertaining win in my book. This cheese ball is loaded with flavor and perfect for the holidays!
ONION CRANBERRY PECAN CHEESE BALL
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
My friend had her annual Christmas cookie exchange a couple of weeks ago. It was so much fun! Everyone was responsible for bringing a cookie to trade with and an appetizer for us snack on. One of my favorite things at the holidays, after getting together with my family and friends, is to snack on appetizers! I love trying new recipes that my friends have made and eating entire meals of appetizers. In fact, that’s exactly what we’ve always done for Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve ever since I was a kid. We have a big meal on Christmas and my mom didn’t want to be in the kitchen both days so, apps it was.
The key to appetizers being easy or is to make sure that you can make them ahead of time! It never fails that I’ll get a great idea for some fancy schmancy appetizer. It will keep me in the kitchen to make it when my friends get over and then everyone gobbles up the super easy not complicated app first! This Onion Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball recipe is full of bright colors and amazing flavors! The onion with the sharpness of the cheddar is just killer with the sweetness of the Craisins and the crunch of the pecans on the outside. Serve this ball up with your favorite crackers and it will be gone faster than you can say jingle bells!
Want more easy holiday entertaining recipes?
- Cranberry Fluff
- Brown Sugar, Bacon & Brie Crescent Rolls
- Chicken Artichoke Bites
- Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Kielbasa Bites
- Spanakopita Tarts
- More appetizer recipes…
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar shredded
- 1 cup Craisins (dried cranberries)
- ½ cup green onions thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 ⅓ cups toasted pecan halves chopped (see note)
- Stir together the cream cheese and cheddar in a large mixing bowl until evenly combined.
- Add the Craisins, green onions, and parsley to the cheese and mix until incorporated.
- Spread the chopped toasted pecans in a pie plate or shallow bowl.
- Form the cheese mixture into a ball shape. Then roll the cheese ball around on the pecans to completely coat the outside of the ball.
- Completely cover the cheese ball with plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours to overnight to allow the flavors to marry together.
- Unwrap and serve with your favorite crackers for dipping.
- Baked: Toss the pecan halves in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Spread them in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Cook at 350 degrees F for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the oven and cool in a bowl before chopping.
- Stovetop: Toss the pecan halves in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the nuts to a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook for 2-5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the skillet and cool in a bowl before chopping.