Jalapeno Popper Bruschetta takes two of my favorite appetizers and smashes them into one delectable bite!
I know it’s Valentine’s Day and all, but I’m not into the high dollar fancy restaurant dinner and hour and a half long wait that inevitably happens. I waited tables for too many years to even think about venturing out tonight. But that doesn’t mean you can’t have a killer dinner with your sweetie at home. A few choice dishes and you’re in like flint! To kick things off, let’s go with some jalapeno and bacon!
One of my favorite flavor combinations comes from jalapeno poppers. Cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapenos, and bacon?! What’s not to love? (Said one of the biggest bacon freaks ever!) But since we’re making things a little extra fancy tonight, let’s turn this party favorite into bruschetta! It’s a super easy dish to make, and I haven’t met a girl yet that doesn’t like bruschetta. It’s a win-win guys!
If you’re looking for the complete menu package to make your life a little easier, I recommend a Clover Club Cocktail for drinks to start. Braised Short Ribs with Broccoli Cheddar Mashed Potatoes for the main course with some red wine, and Cake Mix Cherry Cheesecake for dessert!
- 1 Baguette loaf homemade or store bought
- 8 strips thick-cut bacon cut into half
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large jalapenos ends removed, seeded, and diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut off the ends of the baguette, and then cut the loaf into 16 even slices. Place the cut side up on a baking sheet.
- Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Arrange as many bacon strips in a skillet as it will hold, and cook until crispy, flipping once. Remove cooked bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Repeat with remaining bacon until all 16 pieces are cooked.
- While bacon cooks, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and jalapenos in a medium bowl.
- Spread 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese mixture evenly over the top of each baguette slice.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is soft and gooey.
- Remove bruschetta from the oven, and carefully transfer to your serving plate. Immediately top each bruschetta with a slice of bacon, pressing gently to adhere bacon to the cheese mixture.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
If you liked this recipe, you might also enjoy…