I’m so glad I have friends that cook! It’s so fun trying their food and tasty drinks. My friend T.J. came over to watch the Super Bow. and brought a couple new desserts for me to try. One of the desserts she brought was this AMAZING cake mix cherry cheesecake.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
You guys. I had no idea you can make cheesecake out of a cake mix. Am I late to the game? The flavor was fantastic! I’m already thinking up so many so many new ways to use this! I’ve got an idea I’ll share with you this summer if it turns out. 😉
Anyway it would make the perfect dessert to take into the office, church or a friend’s house for a potluck. I love cheesecake as a dessert for a party. It always impresses guests, tastes amazing and you make it ahead of time so you don’t have to rush to make it the day of!
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 1/2 c milk
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 21 oz. cherry pie filling
- preheat oven to 300 degrees
- grease a 9 x 13 baking pan
- set aside 1 c of cake mix
- in a large mixing bowl, combine remaining cake mix, 1 egg and vegetable oil (it will be crumbly)
- press crumbly mixture into the bottom of the baking dish and up the sides about 3/4 of the way
- in a large bowl beat cream cheese and sugar together until fluffy
- add remaining eggs, one at a time
- add in remaining cake mix
- beat on med speed for 1 minute
- lower speed and add milk, lemon juice and vanilla
- mix until smooth
- pour into the crumb crust in the baking pan
- bake for 45-55 minutes or until the center is set
- allow to cool then spread the cherry pie filling over the cheesecake
- cover and chill in the fridge for 1 hour before serving
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!