Mini Cherry Pie Bites have everything I look for in a recipe: deliciousness, simplicity, versatility, and of course, sugar! These tasty little treats are the perfect pint-sized dessert to enjoy this summer!
MINI CHERRY PIE BITES
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
The main component of these petite pies is the cherry filling, and I love that this easy recipe can be used in tons of different desserts. It makes a great ice cream sundae topping, a tangy layer in a parfait, a fruity layer in a roll cake, and of course, it’s scrumptious inside pies!
The best part about this filling is that it’s made with three ingredients. Simply boil down cherries and sugar, add cornstarch, and you have a sweet recipe staple that highlights one of the summer’s most luscious fruits!
To turn the filling into mouthwatering mini pies, all you need is a fourth ingredient: pre-made phyllo dough cups. Just spoon in the filling and top it with some Cream Cheese Whipped Cream and you have a decadent dessert. The taste of juicy cherries bursts within the light, crispy crust. Add a dollop of homemade whipped cream or a squirt of the canned stuff, and you’ve got a treat that’s easy to eat and easy to serve.
Whether they’re passed around to party-goers or you make a batch just for you, these elegant little pies are deceivingly simple to make!
Although Mini Cherry Pie Bites are fresh for the summer, they’re also perfectly appropriate for get-togethers any time of year! Consider making these personal pies instead of a full-sized one for Thanksgiving or Christmas. They’re even patriotic enough to serve at a Fourth of July barbecue – just top with a few ripe blueberries!
If you’re looking for a bite-sized treat to enjoy on a deck or patio this summer, consider making Mini Cherry Pie Bites as the weather gets warmer! I highly recommend serving them up with these Strawberry Peach Wine Slushies!
- 45 Mini Filo Shells 3 boxes, thawed
- 4 cups pitted red cherries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 recipe of Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- Add the cherries to a saucepan and cover and cook over medium heat; heat the cherries until they release their juice and come to a simmer, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir often.
- In a bowl, whisk the sugar with cornstarch until smooth; pour the mixture into the hot cherries and juice, and thoroughly combine. Reduce to low heat, bring to a simmer, and cook until the filling has thickened, about 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- Add approximately one cherry and sauce to each of the tart shells and let cool to set.
- Once cooled, prepare Cream Cheese Whipped Cream and pipe onto the top of the mini pies.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!