Cheesecake is an absolute favorite dessert of mine! The day I brought my two day old son home from the hospital, my mom had a huge one from Cheesecake Factory waiting for me in the freezer. She knows me so well! It was super yummy and the perfect welcome home treat. Since my family has a love for cheesecake, pancakes, and cherries, I thought it would be a great idea to combine these three ingredients for something decadent and amazing! Cherry Cheesecake Pancakes are sweet, scrumptious, and downright incredible. They would work for a beautiful weekend breakfast, perhaps a dessert, or as in my most recent case, a fun middle of the week dinner. I try to vary our meals throughout the week with many healthy choices, but sometimes it is great to enjoy a special treat for a meal that is less healthy. When I saw the recipe for these awesome pancakes at My Favorite Things, I knew I had to make them. Wow, they were a huge hit! My husband was not home for dinner, so my plan was to make Cherry Cheesecake Pancakes for my kids and make myself a wedge salad. I was just going to try a couple bites of pancakes to see how they turned out, but a couple bites turned into a huge plateful and my salad was put on hold for another night. I probably should of still eaten some salad to balance out what I had just devoured, but I was too full. These pancakes were phenomenal and there was no stopping us from eating bite after bite…after bite! We savored each and every delicious bite and my kids are already asking me when I am going to make them again! Cherry Cheesecake Pancakes will definitely be making an appearance on my breakfast table in the near future. My husband loves cherries and pancakes, so he will absolutely enjoy them!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups chopped frozen cheesecake I used a 17 oz Sara Lee Original Cream Cheesecake
- 1-8 oz pkg of cream cheese softened
- 1/4 butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 can of cherry pie filling warmed
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla
- Whip until smooth and refrigerate until all of pancakes are cooked
- Warm the cherry pie filling in a saucepan over low heat until all pancakes are cooked
- Pulse the flour, buttermilk, egg, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a blender until smooth
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cheesecake pieces, keeping them whole
- Coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium heat
- Working in batches, pour about 1/4 cup batter into the skillet for each pancake
- Cook until bubbly on top, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 2 more minutes
- Transfer the finished pancakes to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven
- Remove the topping from the fridge and microwave until warm and soft
- Serve the pancakes topped with the cheesecake filling/topping and warm cherry pie filling/topping
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!