These Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blackberry Sauce are a delicious way to start the day. The bright flavor of the lemon pancakes is the perfect way to wake up in the morning!
Pancakes are a favorite weekend breakfast in my family. When we visit my mom the boys expect pancakes every morning. My little nephew calls them pampcakes and so now we all do. I like that there are so many ways that you can change them up and so easily too! My fall back is banana because I have a bit of a banana freezing habit. This summer I’ve been making a ton of blueberry pancakes with my summer bounty and then I made this Easy Homemade Blackberry Sauce. As soon as I tasted it I knew I wanted something lemony and delicious to pour it over. That’s when I thought about these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes!
The texture of Lemon Ricotta Pancakes is somewhere in between a pancake and a crepe. I’m the worst at making crepes. I need to practice because my husband LOVES them and I do too but my love is reduced by the thought of making them. I absolutely love lemon flavors mixed with berries. I’ve done it before in my Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake and was super happy so I knew lemon had to go with my blackberry sauce. When my husband and I first tried these with the sauce we had to go back for seconds!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Easy Homemade Blackberry Sauce
- preheat a griddle to 375 degrees F
- in a small bowl whisk the flour, baking powder. salt, lemon zest, and sugar together
- in a large bowl whisk together the ricotta cheese, eggs, milk, and lemon juice
- dump the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined. Be sure not to over mix.
- grease griddle with butter or cooking spray
- pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle per pancake
- allow to cook on both sides until golden brown
- keep going until all batter is used.
- top with Easy Homemade Blackberry Sauce