These Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blackberry Sauce are a delicious way to start the day. The bright flavor of the lemon pancakes is the perfect way to wake up in the morning!
Pancakes are a favorite weekend breakfast in my family. When we visit my mom the boys expect pancakes every morning. My little nephew calls them pampcakes and so now we all do. I like that there are so many ways that you can change them up and so easily too! My fall back is banana because I have a bit of a banana freezing habit. This summer I’ve been making a ton of blueberry pancakes with my summer bounty and then I made this Easy Homemade Blackberry Sauce. As soon as I tasted it I knew I wanted something lemony and delicious to pour it over. That’s when I thought about these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes!
Real Housemoms TV
The texture of Lemon Ricotta Pancakes is somewhere in between a pancake and a crepe. I’m the worst at making crepes. I need to practice because my husband LOVES them and I do too but my love is reduced by the thought of making them. I absolutely love lemon flavors mixed with berries. I’ve done it before in my Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake and was super happy so I knew lemon had to go with my blackberry sauce. When my husband and I first tried these with the sauce we had to go back for seconds!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Easy Homemade Blackberry Sauce
- preheat a griddle to 375 degrees F
- in a small bowl whisk the flour, baking powder. salt, lemon zest, and sugar together
- in a large bowl whisk together the ricotta cheese, eggs, milk, and lemon juice
- dump the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined. Be sure not to over mix.
- grease griddle with butter or cooking spray
- pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle per pancake
- allow to cook on both sides until golden brown
- keep going until all batter is used.
- top with Easy Homemade Blackberry Sauce
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!