Whip up this Supreme Pizza Bubble Bake in no-time using refrigerated biscuits for the crust along with your favorite pizza ingredients! It has all of the flavors of your favorite pizza joint, in an easy to make casserole dish! It’s sure to become a family favorite!
If there is one food my family always agrees on, it’s pizza! They’re not even picky – thick crust, thin crust, lots of sauce, light sauce – they’ll eat just about anything I give them if it’s on a pizza. They’ll even eat stuff they don’t normally like – like mushrooms or green peppers. While I love a good pizza, I don’t always have time to make my own crust. Let’s face it, life happens. And keeping it real, too many times I realize I forgot to make the crust until it’s too late!
Have you ever heard of Bubble Bakes? It’s basically a casserole dish that has cut up biscuits as the “crust” and you can top it with just anything you can imagine. It may remind you of a deep dish pizza – at least that’s what my family tells me it reminds them of! 🙂 It’s one of my favorite easy casserole recipes ! Dishes like this Supreme Pizza Bubble Bake are perfect for those times when my family wants pizza, but I don’t have time to mess with a homemade crust – or if I forget to make one! That has happened, but only a time or two … okay, or too many to count!
If Supreme Pizza isn’t your thing, you can definitely switch out the topping ingredients to what your family loves! We really love a Hawaiian Pizza version with Canadian bacon and pineapple or a PMS Pizza version with pepperoni, mushrooms, and sausage! We’ve even done a plain pepperoni version. Use whatever you like, you just can’t go wrong! we like our pizzas saucy, so we use the entire jar of pizza sauce – but if you prefer less, just use less sauce. If you’re a reader overseas and do not have access to refrigerated biscuits, feel free to substitute a homemade biscuit recipe in place of the biscuits listed in the recipe. You can use my BEST Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits recipe – You may need to adjust the baking time accordingly if necessary.
- 2 tubes 7.5 oz. each refrigerated biscuits
- 1 jar 14 oz. pizza sauce (or use homemade!)
- 1 pkg 8 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 oz. pepperoni slices
- 1/2 lb. Italian sausage casing removed, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup green pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-in. baking dish with cooking spray or grease with shortening and set aside.
- Separate the biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters. Place them in an even layer in the prepared pan.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the top. Top with 1-1/2 cups of the cheese. Place the pepperoni slices, cooked Italian sausage, green pepper, onions, mushrooms and black olives over the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the biscuits are cooked through and the cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!