This giant Apple Cinnamon Puffed Pancake bakes in the oven – no more standing at a hot stove flipping dozens of pancakes. It’s the perfect fall breakfast and the cinnamon glaze takes it over the top!
Have you ever found yourself standing at the stove, flipping endless amounts of pancakes while the rest of your family is devouring them as soon as they come off the griddle? There’s a solution to that problem – an oven baked puffed pancake. This apple cinnamon puffed pancake is a single pancake big enough to feed a whole family. The batter takes just a few minutes to put together and then you can sit back and relax while the oven does all the work.
This recipe starts with a pile of sliced apples that get cooked in some butter and brown sugar. The lightly spiced batter gets poured over the top and the whole thing goes into the oven to bake. You can serve this pancake with maple syrup, but I prefer to whip up a quick cinnamon glaze that really makes this a special breakfast treat.
This puffed pancake is the perfect dish for a breakfast or brunch, and each bite is full of apple cinnamon goodness. Your family will love the flavor combination and you will love how effortless it is – breakfast is ready in less than 30 minutes!
Get more greart reipces like this one on our Best Breakfast Recipes pin board!
- For the pancake:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large apples cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk I use 1%
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For the Glaze:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- More sauteed apples for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 10 inch cast-iron skillet or non-stick pan melt the butter with 3 tablespoons of the brown sugar. Add the apple slices and cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, flour, milk, cinnamon, salt, vanilla and remaining tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Pour the batter over the cooked apple mixture. Transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake until dark golden brown and puffed around the edges, about 15 minutes.
- While the pancake is in the oven, make the glaze. Combine the powdered sugar, milk and cinnamon in a bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- After the pancake comes out of the oven, let it cool for 5 minutes (it will deflate a bit). Drizzle the glaze over the pancake and top with additional cooked apples if desired.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!