Chocolate for breakfast.
Chocolate for breakfast with a super simple raspberry sauce. There’s really not too much more that needs to be said but I’ll think of something. 😉
These waffles came together as an afternoon snack when I was stuck in the house for the fifth day of snow, ice and slush. They are soooo good. I made a big batch so we could freeze some and have them for breakfast on school mornings but they didn’t last. They were gone as soon as my little monkeys and their friend found them. They will make a fantastic special breakfast for a special day.
- 1/2 c raspberry jam
- 1/4 c water
- preheat waffle iron
- spray with cooking spray
- in a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cocoa powder
- in a small bowl combine milk, eggs, vanilla
- whisk in butter to milk/egg mixture
- dump milk mixture into flour mixture and stir until just combined
- pour mixture into the waffle iron, just enough to barely cover the bumps
- cook until dark brown
- time depends on the waffle iron and how much heat it has. Gage time on the first batch. Mine were baby waffles and cooked in 2-3 min
- -5 min should do it on a regular waffle maker.
- whisk raspberry sauce and water together over medium high heat
- bring to a boil for 2-3 min
- turn off heat and allow to cool to slightly warm and thicken
- drizzle over waffles