We’ve been hit with snow storm after snow storm here in the Portland, Oregon area this weekend. Coming from Arizona it’s been awesome. My kids had their first snow day of their lives on Friday and we spent the day playing in the snow and baking cookies. Our neighborhood is up a big hill and then we live in a cul de sac that goes down hill so there are some great spots for sledding. They don’t plow the streets here so there aren’t really too many people out driving. This means that they’re being used for sledding right now. My husband and I got in on the action too. It’s been so much fun getting outside and playing with the family. I’m in Heaven!
When we came in from the cold I wanted to make some delicious cookies that would warm us right up and so these Cinnamon & Toffee Oatmeal Chewies are delicious. I love oatmeal cookies and they just seem to warm me up along with cinnamon. There isn’t as much oatmeal in these as you’d normally have in an oatmeal cookie for a couple of reasons, I wanted them to be chewy but also, I ran out and couldn’t get to the store because of all the snow on the roads. 🙂
These were a big hit and I definitely recommend them no matter what your weather is but if it’s cold you really have to give them a try!
- 1 c butter softened
- 1 c brown sugar packed
- 1/3 c granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c four
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c quick cooking oats
- 10 oz. cinnamon chips found near the chocolate chips in the store
- 8 oz. toffee bits found near the chocolate chips in the store
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- in a large bowl mix together butter and sugars on med speed until light and fluffy
- add in eggs one at a time
- add in vanilla
- in a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt
- add into the butter mixture
- add in the oats, cinnamon chips and toffee bits
- line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll 3 tbsp of dough into a ball and place on the baking sheet 3 inches apart
- bake for 12-15 min
- cool on a wire rack and enjoy!