Your holiday gatherings aren’t complete until your serve up a bowl of Spiced Pumpkin Punch! This Fall punch is great for Halloween or Thanksgiving!
I know you’re thinking pumpkin is for your pumpkin pie recipe, but this easy pumpkin punch recipe is here to change everything! Spiced Pumpkin Punch starts with a few basic ingredients. There’s acid from the orange juice and lemon juice, sweetness from the apple cider, and a richness from the pumpkin that takes this punch over the top. It’ll become your go-to, big batch holiday cocktail for a crowd!
SPICED PUMPKIN PUNCH
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DRINK pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
There’s something magical about fall. The leaves changing color. Cool evenings on the porch sipping cocoa. Cozy sweaters and snuggling. And personal my favorite…pumpkin everything! I’m talking Pumpkin Fritters, Chai Cream Pumpkin Pie, and Pumpkin Hot Chocolate! It’s really the best time of year. This fall I wanted to make a delicious punch I could serve my friends and family at our Halloween and Thanksgiving gatherings. I love drinks I can make in large batches for easy serving and this punch fits the bill wonderfully. I like to spike my punch for the holidays, but this Spiced Pumpkin Punch is great without any alcohol as well.
I made a cinnamon simple syrup to help balance the unsweetened pumpkin and orange juice. The cinnamon flavor really brought out all those happy Fall thoughts every time I took a sip. I really recommend making a double batch of the cinnamon simple syrup. You can add it to other drinks to up the fall factor, brush it over cake layers for moistness and extra flavor, or drizzle it over some vanilla ice cream with spiced pecans. It’s pretty awesome.
The color of this punch is so gorgeous and the ingredients work beautifully together. It just screams fall! Spiced rum and vodka are the perfect add-ins to make this punch an adults-only cocktail. The spiced rum brings out the cinnamon and that cozy fall-ness I crave while the vodka boosts the booze factor without taking away from the other flavors. If you’re a little weary about a pumpkin drink that it’s creamy or hot, throw those inhibitions to the wind and dive into a bowl of this punch!! It’s easy to drink, well-balanced, and has a hint of pumpkin that’ll leave you wondering why you never tried a pumpkin cocktail like this before!
Can’t get enough pumpkin? Me either!!
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispy Treats
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
- More drink recipes…
Tools used to make this Spiced Pumpkin Punch
Small Saucepan: While I use bigger saucepans for everyday cooking, having a small saucepan lets me make syrups, toppings, and sauce add-ins without taking over the stovetop.
Mearusing Cup: Glass measuring cups are a kitchen tool everyone needs. This set makes sure you can measure exactly how much liquid you need for your recipe and they last practically forever!
Wooden Spoon: Wooden spoons are a kitchen essential. I keep a bunch of them on hand for every meal from breakfast to dinner.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 28 ounces pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups seltzer water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups spiced rum
- 2 cups vodka
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Place a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the water, sugar, and ground cinnamon. Stir to combine. Cook until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To a 1 1/2 gallon punch bowl add the pumpkin, apple cider, orange juice, seltzer, lemon juice, spiced rum, and vodka. Whisk to combine. (Use a whisk, it helps break up the pumpkin puree.) Pour in the cinnamon simple syrup and stir once more.
- Add lemon slices and a few cinnamon sticks to the punch bowl.
- Portion the punch into glasses and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
- This punch is also delish without any alcohol.
- Recipe makes about 1 gallon of punch = 16 8-ounce servings