Stay cozy warm this fall and enjoy some delicious Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate made with pumpkin puree and white chocolate!
Pumpkin is everywhere this time of year and I couldn’t be happier! I’ve made a ton of pumpkin recipes this season – both sweet and savory. This hot chocolate definitely falls on the sweet side. The main cast of ingredients, in addition to the pumpkin, of course, are milk, white chocolate chips, cocoa powder, vanilla extract (I make my own), and pumpkin pie spice.
Real Housemoms TV
Because I used freshly roasted pumpkin, I decided to run the hot chocolate through a fine mesh strainer before we drank it so that I wouldn’t be chewing my hot chocolate. I’m sure that’s a step you can bypass if you use canned pumpkin.
I actually made this wonderful fall drink when both of my kids had friends over for play dates, and boy did they think it was a special treat when I served this with my fancy straws. I think I won the “cool mom” award that day.
As you can see, this creamy and sweet drink is perfectly rich and full of fall flavor. Its the perfect thing for those cold mornings and evenings we’re finally getting to enjoy!
- In a medium saucepan, combine half of the milk (1 cup) with the white chocolate and cocoa powder. Cook over medium heat, stirring periodically, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is well combined.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Continue to cook while occasionally stirring until heated through.
- Add the remaining milk and cook until heated through.
- If using freshly roasted pumpkin instead of canned pumpkin, I recommend pouring the hot chocolate through a fine mesh sieve to eliminate any chunks. Canned pumpkin is much smoother.
- Serve topped with freshly whipped cream and a dash of nutmeg.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!